Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
All the monsoon activity so far this summer, got me thinking about the flooding of Waltz homestead, and that it was the Salt River that had flooded. Wasn't the flooding because of the monsoons of 1890? (Edit: thx SH, so it was Feb 1891)

I have a cousin that lives in Fountain Hills, and she said they have gotten 10? of rain so far.
I have seen on the news, about lots of flash flooding happening in various places.

Saw a clip of a guy in Flagstaff, whose home has been flooded twice this year.
Hope everybody is hanging in there.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
All the monsoon activity so far this summer, got me thinking about the flooding of Waltz homestead, and that it was the Salt River that had flooded. Wasn't the flooding because of the monsoons of 1890?

I have a cousin that lives in Fountain Hills, and she said they have gotten 10? of rain so far.
I have seen on the news, about lots of flash flooding happening in various places.

Saw a clip of a guy in Flagstaff, whose home has been flooded twice this year.
Hope everybody is hanging in there.
between the fires and flooding this has been a crazy summer for sure

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
between the fires and flooding this has been a crazy summer for sure

I don’t like saying it, but summer’s not over yet.
I looked to see if I could find current data on the salt river watershed.... most current report I found was April, 2020.

Then got sidetracked .... salt river canyon wild horses. I didn’t know they were there :)

cuzimloony

Apr 9, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Series
Minelab Gold Monster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the rain in the sups has me wanting to get back out there with my MD'r and cover old ground. Who know what the rain washed up!!! Hewitt Canyon here I come!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread