Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know the canyon had a lake, that must not be Needles Canyon which I'm thinking of, beautifully strange mountains anyway, would be nice to sketch them sometime....dangerous terrain and wood scorpions too.

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I didn't know the canyon had a lake, that must not be Needles Canyon which I'm thinking of, beautifully strange mountains anyway, would be nice to sketch them sometime....dangerous terrain and wood scorpions too.

I have hiked these mountains for years, if you leave the wild life alone, they will leave you alone. The thing to consider is that people think this place is a shooting range. Your constantly hearing gunfire. I have had multiple rounds zinging around me and over my head. The chances of catching a stray bullet are higher than the odds of a scorpion, snake, or any other wild animal attacking you. Generally, wild animals move away from humans and the creepy crawlys hide from you because of the ground vibrations due to heavy foot traffic. You cannot let yourself be intimidated by anyone, anything or any terrain. Know when to hike and when to stay out. People think it is ok to go hiking in 90 degree heat, but then the hot sun beats down on you. You may be good for an hour or two, after that... Someone's going to be in dire straights. The best time to hike is in the winter, you can go for miles and miles. Take a gps and a terrain map, plan your route. If you don't and never hiked here before, your holding your own life in your hands... Then the search and rescue will come looking for you. If you never been in a climate, desert, terrain, learn some survival skills and research everything before you step foot in here. It's best to be prepared. I'm an expert in counter-intelligence, an expert in every terrain, an expert in everything tactical and tactics. I have been in many different locations throughout the world. I know what to expect, where and when. I know when I'm being followed and by who and every method they will use. I have been visited by black helicopters, agencies, fighter planes, drones, and the list goes on and on. If your being visited, you need to know how to handle yourself, and if your getting close to something, the visits will come in rapid succession. Be Aware and Be Careful!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some Advice; Don't Do Anything Illegal or Stupid!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Advice; Don't Do Anything Illegal or Stupid!
Yeah, I here you there......illegal helicopter fly-in-drop-offs, a few treasure hunters must have tried it before. I'm not going there myself, at least not now, would be a great place to do artwork though with endless rock formations to explore.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing view watch out for snakes ect

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you want to go somewhere that is actually haunted, just above Canyon Lake? Go here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Salt_River_Canyon and spend one night...if you can. The thing is, if you can't stay all night through the screaming, the spirits running around you, and just pure horror in general, then don't go because if you try to run back down to the lake in the dark, you will run right off a cliff. That is what the spirits are trying to get you to do. Read about it. I felt as if I was having a heart attack. I won't even go back to the Lake, it has been many years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you want to go somewhere that is actually haunted, just above Canyon Lake? Go here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Salt_River_Canyon and spend one night...if you can. The thing is, if you can't stay all night through the screaming, the spirits running around you, and just pure horror in general, then don't go because if you try to run back down to the lake in the dark, you will run right off a cliff. That is what the spirits are trying to get you to do. Read about it. I felt as if I was having a heart attack. I won't even go back to the Lake, it has been many years.

I've been there and didn't hear anything at night except coyotes

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful area!:skullflag:

Attachments

• hottie17.jpg
    hottie17.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 133

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions: