Suzuki King Quad

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
After test driving every 4-wheeler that we could lay hands on, we purchased a Suzuki King Quad last year. My son had an older one and although he really liked it, I wanted to make sure that we would all be safe!

My son was right! We have now had the King Quad for a year and it's one of the best investments that we have ever made. It is one of the sturdiest, most stable 4-wheelers that I have been on!

We highly recommend it!

Cavers5

Vicegrip

Aug 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Troy X5, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Suzukis are good machines. They are in the top three in 4 wheel drive ATV makers for me.

norcalrockhunter

Jul 21, 2006
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
cavers5 said:
After test driving every 4-wheeler that we could lay hands on, we purchased a Suzuki King Quad last year. My son had an older one and although he really liked it, I wanted to make sure that we would all be safe!

My son was right! We have now had the King Quad for a year and it's one of the best investments that we have ever made. It is one of the sturdiest, most stable 4-wheelers that I have been on!

We highly recommend it!

Cavers5
I will have to agree I've own 10 of them in the last ten years or so, and my fav is the KQ 700 I've done a ton of mods to it although the powertain is farily stock but the other then that everything else I have tweeked, you got to add on board air and a few other things and you will be so happy you did, I love mine

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
My husband makes his pumping rounds on a KQ750. His old one was just stolen this last august, and he replaced it with another one. He had 13000 miles on the one that was stolen. When he was considering what to get for a replacement, I told him all I heard the last 4 years, was how he never had the problems other people had who didn't have a KQ, hopefuly this one will be that good also.

ng

F

frogwizard

We have had our King Quad for 2 years and love it. We haven't had any problems so far. Before, we had a Kodiak and it was always breaking down. So far, so great on the King Quad. We just got tracks for it and now there's no stopping us!

fng68

Nov 5, 2004
Beaver County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, X-Terra 70,Tiger Shark,Garrett CWIII,Ace 250
We got a '96 KQ since new. All it's ever needed was gas and oil change.
A Great Machine. If I were to buy a new one,that's what I'd check out first.

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I have to also agree on the Suzuki! Here's a pic of my '99 500. Have had it about 5 years now. No problems- changed battery only because it was 8 years old, and switched to synthetic oil about 3 years ago. Did a service last spring, only because I know the valves had never been adjusted, in 2800m. Seat needs to be replaced, sooner than I thought. It was cold out and when I drug my foot across it, while mounting, it cracked. Bummer!

Attachments

• IMG_0315 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_0315 (600 x 450).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 7,852

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have a 98, great bike 6,000 miles no problems changed battery 2 times other than that just routine maintenance. what i really like is the fuel economy 45+ mpg leaves all my friends bikes taking extra fuel on long rides. highdesertranger

norcalrockhunter

Jul 21, 2006
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
shepcal said:
Well, I have to also agree on the Suzuki! Here's a pic of my '99 500. Have had it about 5 years now. No problems- changed battery only because it was 8 years old, and switched to synthetic oil about 3 years ago. Did a service last spring, only because I know the valves had never been adjusted, in 2800m. Seat needs to be replaced, sooner than I thought. It was cold out and when I drug my foot across it, while mounting, it cracked. Bummer!
I had the same exact one and it was a great quad, never left me stranded I sold it a few years ago to buy a Vinson, then sold that for the 700 KQ and have never looked back

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shepcal said:
Shepcal,,, good to see a picture of one that get used, is that really mud on the tires?

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shepcal said:

Very nice. What's the deal on the box that's holding the detector??

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll agree with this. Had a 2001 300 kingquad, Put that thing through he!!, and never once did it let me down. Had to sell it, and its still going. Now I got an old Honda, I dont use it much hauling firewood and Ice fishing is about all the use it gets, its a good machine aswell.

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a 91 king quad 300. Only trouble I had was brakes and rear bearings from my sons continually crossing creek in winter when it would freeze up at night. I sold it in 2009 and it is still running. Very reliable, but it was getting difficult to find replacement parts for one that old. If I ever get another, the King Quad would be my first choice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread