East Central Kentucky

Attachments

• Swift map.jpg
    Swift map.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2,199

bearduke

Greenie
Sep 16, 2013

Look for the Swift map 2 thread, supposedly published by Henson from one of the Swift journals he had. I have a copy of his book but this map is missing from my book.

Does anyone else have any knowledge?

Bearduke

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
this is a problem? the location is no problem. its where this map comes from, no one really knows. i do know this map shows the same locations that the beaver creek iron company worked in frenchburg ky. did someone use their map and turn it into the swift map, to sell copies? or did the iron mining company use their mining activates to cover up what they where really doing.

OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Interesting Boomer...thanks for the reply. I see no reason not to explore what this map might be telling us. There is too much "code" to ignore. And since I'm right here in the middle of it all, might as well take a peak. Even if it's not a treasure map, it still tells a story that needs to be deciphered.

hammer859

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2014
kentuck
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the map has been decoded cause the original is just a mess. there is way more to it than what you think you see.

hammer859

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2014
kentuck
Primary Interest:
Other
My thoughts are many and I would love to share but I have been looking to long to give that info out. I can tell you that map is absolutely useless the way it is.

OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
My thoughts are many and I would love to share but I have been looking to long to give that info out. I can tell you that map is absolutely useless the way it is.

As far as I know, this map could have been drawn two years or two hundred years ago....lol. Just a passing curiosity for me, I'm not looking for the mines but I do enjoy getting out and looking for the things that others have already found. I'm in the woods anyway, gives me a little something extra to look for when I'm shed hunting, mushroom hunting, turkey and/or deer hunting. As a result of following along in this forum, I have been able to see things that I would never have otherwise given a second thought. The Tea Kettle rock is pretty damn cool, even though I couldn't begin to decipher any of the things on it. Never would have crossed my mind to take a look at it if it weren't for the Swift searchers out there.

Thanks for your input on the map and a very warm welcome to Treasurenet!

hammer859

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2014
kentuck
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember when I was young and first started looking, my brothers and I were used to climb, crawl and report back. I can say some of it was fun but once we got lost and only had enough food for a day. We ate wild onions and sugar cane for 2 days and then we happened across a young deer, which was very tasty. Any way we used that so called map for that trip only and after that it was just hear say that we went by. We found smelters, 14 to be exact, and we took one apart. We took the rocks from inside and had it tested only to confirm that it was positive for gold and silver. We searched that area for years with no luck, then we found the elusive 101 not in the same area but close. Many people will say show me 101 and they will show you where the mines are and I would say good luck cause no one can at least not in the 38 years I've been looking. So the story goes.... Thanks for the welcome

OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
What is the "101"? I'd like to hear your story of being lost, sounds like an adventure! Living off the land for two days is incredible....too bad we have damn near lost those skills in todays modern world.....

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Hammer lets hear some more...you have peaked our curiosity. Its always good to know someone else is looking - makes me feel just a little bit less crazy for doing it off and on for 30 years. There are several people on this forum who have spent a lot of time with "boots on the ground", and may have info that could help...anyway welcome!

hammer859

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2014
kentuck
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello to all and I am back from many months of searching. I have much to share but no treasure yet, maybe next fall will be better.

hammer859

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2014
kentuck
Primary Interest:
Other
I will need a little time to get back to the norm of things but I will share what I know and what I have done over the years.

Moegano534

May 10, 2014
Owingsville and Ashland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dowsing/Divining rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talked to some locals recently. I got some useful information, but that info only leads to more questions in a different category.

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain

the 101 is a little north of beaver creek. where the picture was taken is where the Indian grave is located. Curtis knows this area well. where I was standing is a flat rock with the locations of the mines in the area are carved. the rich mine is to my left. the 101 as a cut below, telling me to look past the rock and toward the cliff, you will see the pillars, the circle is between the pillars. next to the cliff is a kind of sunk in area where water as been sipping down through a crack. their are 3 101's. station camp creek, big sinking creek and this one. follow the map on tea kettle rock to the mine and the rock house.

Attachments

• 101 caney creek.jpg
    101 caney creek.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 418
  • 101 pillers or rock behind.jpg
    101 pillers or rock behind.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 412
  • tea kettle.jpg
    tea kettle.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 387
  • tea kettle maps.jpg
    tea kettle maps.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 400

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi boomer,

good to hear from ya...hey,..... the signs in blue - where are they the from?

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
Curtis: the blue map is of beaver creek area. look at teakettle rock photo, the map is pointing northwest from above. the point of the rock is pointing toward the park on top of the ridge and where the 3 ledges are. the square with the X is where the cap stone is. I found a part of a broke silver wedge 20' from the rock. 50' yards past is a tomb stone shaped like an (m). as on the map. at the 101, its across the creek from the rich mine. you know the one. where I was standing, our rich mine is 100 yards down stream or to my left. just behind me on the bank, you have to look close is an arrow made from small rocks pointing to the rich mine. there are two small rocks with drill marks and a line pointing two one drill mark this the indian grave, under the ledge next to the high water line and the other points to the mine on its edge or next to the creek, its half filled with water. go up behind me to the cliff the old path is there, look next to the path and you will find a flat rock with 3 marks. this was before metal det. was a no, no, there is something under. but to many eyes around. P. M. if you need more info

Last edited:

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
Moegano534 : the one in photo is in elliott county. there are 2 more, one on big sinking creek at cave fork next to Beattyville ky. the strange one with Spanish carvings is on war fork across the dry creek bed from wind cave. the last has a vary interesting map with the Spanish kings coat of arms cut on it, next to a small furnace.

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this map is from micheal paul hensons copyright 6 1975 page 68 - 69 rgb1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread