jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been Contacted by a New Member who Doesn't seem To know how to Post here. He's on Mobile. He requested I Post for him.
Hopefully he will Be able to Reply and Learn.

000aaa.jpg

Chief
000bbb.jpg
00.jpg

it's very remarkable but very dangerous. Snakes and 400 ft clifts! I know because I eased raised here.

this one is for the Cherokee! Yeah my father was Cherokee.

This is a good friend of mine that has been right by my side. Big Jimmy! We have a great story to share with you.
000ccc.jpg

I do need help with all documentation so if you know who to trust send them to me! There's a lot to cover.

It's rough country
000ddd.jpg

More To come

Attachments

• 000b.jpg
    000b.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
  • 000b.jpg
    000b.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings friends,
Well the mines is located in Scott co VA in a small town called Dungannon. The mines is located north on a creek called dry creek. Just off the dry creek in a small waterfall and that will be chimney rock branch. Follow the branch and you will find the mine. It's all there for the historical view. The half moon clift lays on federal land Jefferson National Forest.

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am not trying to criticize. why when a mine is found it is swifts mine, if you are familar with the swift legend and his journals he said he had 2 groups of mines. groups means more than one, unless there is more mines in this area it is doubtful this is a swift mine. we must remember the french and spanish had mines in at least 5 states, most were single mines located in these areas. rgb1

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although silver has been mined in Virginia, there is no record of any silver mines or deposits in this area. I have not researched geology, but not sure it supports silver deposits in this area. I am not saying it is not possible, just nothing shown near there.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to be clear,this is jeff posting seven feathers stuff,right? Beautiful scenery,I know nothing about silver bearing rocks.All I know about Swift,s mines I,ve read on here in Treasure Legends,so I,ll keep my comments to the beautiful country side!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49 minutes agoNew
Hello everyone
I have some testing equipment that will be here tomorrow that we will be using to do the final leg. I'm still at 100 percent we nailed it.
00016.jpg

46 minutes agoNew
Once you find the buffalo and the anchor you need to be able to use a compass.

Sevenfeathers777

Joined Jul 4, 2022

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your find, since no one has ever found Swift's mines in KY it makes sense they could be found in VA or WVA. Odd that it would be East though...most journals mention either coming or going 'through the gap' at some point. I guess that is why it is assumed to be in KY. Be careful getting caught up finding the landmarks, it would be more important to find dated rock carvings leading to or near the opening of one of the mines. Would love to see pictures of the volcanic vents/water falls though!

Thanks Jeff for getting these posts up !

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep :coffee2:it would be cool if someone here could
get in close enough contact with him, to at least teach him how to respond directly. on the Pics, I don't know if it's a Phone app issue or not

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread