Swift silver mines located

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
We
Do not let your excitement blind you... Swift could just as easily gone blind being exposed to the fumes of the smelting process. I personally think much of the lore of the legend was added as it was passed around by word of mouth. Green could be galena. Silver is regularly found in various amounts in lead deposits. Silver when exposed to oxygen over time will look black or tarnished. Green could also mean copper... best to do your research or you could mislead yourself. If you have found a/the compass rock a picture of it would be appreciated. One has already been found on Lower Devils Creek near Beattyville, KY in Lee County. That creek has recently become part of a 4WD recreation trail. You should be able to find a picture of it somewhere in the forums here on Tnet.
Well I'll keep my glasses on 😜

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the same rock that I've found here. Where is this at?
You would have to ask the YouTube creator, I believe they said in the Daniel Boone Forest...(really narrows it down in East KY!). An early part of the video shows a house and out building in the background so I would suppose it is on or adjacent to private property within the forest.

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
You would have to ask the YouTube creator, I believe they said in the Daniel Boone Forest...(really narrows it down in East KY!). An early part of the video shows a house and out building in the background so I would suppose it is on or adjacent to private property within the forest.
I hope it's the same line of rock and if it is then I'm on the first out croup. I'm headed back to the clift tomorrow to pull some ore to test run a new rock!

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
I hope it's the same line of rock and if it is then I'm on the first out croup. I'm headed back to the clift tomorrow to pull some ore to test run a new rock!
I found a nice rock to do a test melt with today. IMG_20220922_163637865_HDR.jpg IMG_20220922_163701803.jpg

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread