Swift Silver??

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope...I always assumed it had something to do with Earths magnetic field lines and things underground disrupting them. Doesn't make sense though, as I have seen wood and copper rods used.....?[/QUOTE
Think it has more to do with mental telepathy and frame of mind than the dowsing rod material. Don't know as I've ever heard anyone explain how it works , don't know as ever hearing anyone ask how it works. Just know it does.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
When I was younger, I did water-witching for water lines at my homeplace in the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia. It was an ACCEPTED "practice"... ANYONE could do it. Used clothes hanger wires in both hands, walked a perceived line & it would "cross"; once located in the yard, the REST was EASY!
LOL! Raindeer Fart did it... :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Nope...I always assumed it had something to do with Earths magnetic field lines and things underground disrupting them. Doesn't make sense though, as I have seen wood and copper rods used.....?[/QUOTE
Think it has more to do with mental telepathy and frame of mind than the dowsing rod material. Don't know as I've ever heard anyone explain how it works , don't know as ever hearing anyone ask how it works. Just know it does.
You need BOTH in "attunement". Law of ATTRACTION... Oooommm...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the links it should work on metals/treasures also. Hadn't given any thought to trying it like that.

There are several threads on Treasurenet about dowsing. I do not want to get into "dowsing for treasure" as I wasted over 25 years believing that dowsing worked. Your mind and your luck will play games with you and you will convince yourself that it works. I have found about 15 gold rings for people lost, I thought the dowsing help find them but in real life it was just blind luck. I took a double blind test because I actually believed it so strong. A ten ounce bar of gold was placed under one of six flat boards cut about one foot square. After I had tried to locate that gold bar on at least one hundred or more tries, I found nothing. I even tried a trusty silver walking liberty half dollar that I used personally and I thought I could find it. Nothing. Do not waste your time money or effort in this pursuit. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND METAL DETECTOR THE BEST WAY TO FIND SILVER AND GOLD FOR SURE.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several threads on Treasurenet about dowsing. I do not want to get into "dowsing for treasure" as I wasted over 25 years believing that dowsing worked. Your mind and your luck will play games with you and you will convince yourself that it works. I have found about 15 gold rings for people lost, I thought the dowsing help find them but in real life it was just blind luck. I took a double blind test because I actually believed it so strong. A ten ounce bar of gold was placed under one of six flat boards cut about one foot square. After I had tried to locate that gold bar on at least one hundred or more tries, I found nothing. I even tried a trusty silver walking liberty half dollar that I used personally and I thought I could find it. Nothing. Do not waste your time money or effort in this pursuit. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND METAL DETECTOR THE BEST WAY TO FIND SILVER AND GOLD FOR SURE.

:thumbsup:

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I M WITH FRANKLIN MOST OF THE WAY, HOWVER I HAVE PERSONAL EXPERINCE WITH A GUY WHO CAN DO THE MAP DOWSING THING, AND EVERYTHIME HE WAS RIGHT -- SOMETHING WAS THERE. HE DID IT FROM CLOSE TO 2,000 MILES AWAY, AND I HAD HIM DO IT ON A MAP OF WHERE THE Indian waybill MINES ARE (GOOGLE EARTH WITH 4 OF THEM ON IT) HE LOCATED EVERYONE AND WHERE A CACHE OF SILVER MIGHT BE THAT I DIDNTKNOW ABOUT. I COULD TELL YOU OF SERVERAL INSTANCES OF HIM PUTTING ME RIGHT ON TOP OF THINGS. REGULAR DOWSING IS QUSTIONALE SOMEWHAT, EXEPT I DO BEIOIVE PEOLE CAN DO IT AND FIND WATER..IN FACT TAKE TWO COAT HANDGERS, CUT THEM INTO A PIECE ABOUT 10 INCHES LONG, BEND IT ABOUT 3 INCEHS FORM THE END AND PUT ONE ITN EACH HAND,HOLD THEM LOOSELY AND WALK THRU YOUR HOUSE AND WHEN YOU WALK ACROOS A WATER LINE THEY WILL CROSS OR GO APART. there IS SOMETHING TO IT, BUT ITS NOT BEEN DEVELOPED TO BE SCIENTIFICALLY DOCUMETED OR DEVELOPED. closely RELATED IS THE SCEINTIFIC FACT THAT WE KNOW THE FREQUENCIES THAT ATOMS VIBRATE AT, EVERY ELEMENT VIBRATES AT A DIFFERNT FREQUENCY, SO IF YOU COULD USE THAT INFORMATION YOU COULD LOCATE ELEMENTS YOU RE LOOKING FOR. some GUY( A DOC) USED THAT INFO TO LOCATE CANCERS IN PEOPLE AND KILL THE ELEMNT THAT MADE OP THE CANCER CELLS, ALLOF HIS PATENTS RECOVERD...BUT TEH American medial association COULDNT STAND IT AND DISCREDITED HIM.

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
They are crudely formed, but never know. Swift tells that Seth Montgomery had dies and molds. I lean towards when swift and Montgomery smelted their ore they fashioned pigs with the silver after separating the metals. Montgomery could then melt the bars sperate for coinage with the dies. Imo Swift packed in both men and necessary equipment to do so. Very well could be Indian. Regardless if it's silver it's still a awesome find.

Brushy Bandit

Jan 11, 2017
Carter County, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are crudely formed, but never know. Swift tells that Seth Montgomery had dies and molds. I lean towards when swift and Montgomery smelted their ore they fashioned pigs with the silver after separating the metals. Montgomery could then melt the bars sperate for coinage with the dies. Imo Swift packed in both men and necessary equipment to do so. Very well could be Indian. Regardless if it's silver it's still a awesome find.

Thanks for reply Ki, somewhere in this thread I tell what's in them. I took these pieces to a power plant where I was working and they used an electronic gun to tell % of each element in them. (Printout is with them in storage as I've moved recently). Each piece had Silver, lead,zinc, and antimony.

Last edited:

Brushy Bandit

Jan 11, 2017
Carter County, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm was lookin for vintage aerial photos of an area and the website I was on couldn't come up with them. In the picture below the gray area is photo/photos available, the square in the middle is photos not available. I find it really odd, just curious what y'all think? Screenshot_20190122-093410.jpg

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try refreshing your browser and see if it is still blacked out, otherwise it could be a 'security issue' like a dam or some other infrastructure deemed important. How about a topo map of the same area? Is it available? Try Google Earth and use the history feature?

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm was lookin for vintage aerial photos of an area and the website I was on couldn't come up with them. In the picture below the gray area is photo/photos available, the square in the middle is photos not available. I find it really odd, just curious what y'all think? View attachment 1673415

Been there, done that. Right out in the middle of nowhere and it's blacked out no dam, nothing military. and no explaination .

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...would like to see a bigger map....lots of changes in area. Mason said they did some blasting at the line of rocks when they were getting ready to fill the reservoir... maybe they did more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread