Swiftsearchers book?

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Swiftsearcher's book?

We may not see the book now. SwiftSearcher got into a little trouble with the law from what I heard. He may have been OK if he had used dynamite instead of a pipe bomb-a pipe bomb falls under an IED Improvised Explosive Device and they are illegal and will get you jail time where dynamite won't (for blasting)--at least that is what I was told. I miss ol Swiftsearcher and wish him well --would have liked to have helped him --could have told him if there was anything in the vault or not without blasting...this device I have will detect any element even hundreds of feet underground...silver is no problem. I hadoffered to do it free....just wanted to help him get things done for the book.

OP
OP
V

victorysgold

Feb 24, 2008
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 3.2, Garrett Propointer II,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I do hope everything works out ok for Swiftsearcher.

Vic

Tau44

Nov 10, 2009
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Xterra 705

curtis,

so did he get jail time or what happened to him? have you heard anything about it lately? what was he trying to blast open?

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

He had found a place that had a vault (KGC?). Its been several months since he has posted here...it is hard telling what they made him agree to.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

I went with him to the site and am convinced that he found a vault . We were making plans to go back
and open it when things started getting weird .
Phone taps . Mail that I sent to another hunter on the other side of the country surreptitiously opened .
A poster here was the magistrate who denied him bail after his arrest . Had him incarcerated in a max security Federal facility .
That's why I've stopped contributing to this thread .
Jim

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Thank you , sir , for clearing that up . Hearing both sides of the issue gives a more balanced perspective of the whole deal .
The only information I had to this point was that provided by Mr. Elkins .

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

vamelungeon ,
I have taken no offense . Hope I didn't ruffle your feathers too badly . With no contact with him beyond 2 phone calls after he was arrested and only his side of the story I had to shake the trees a bit
to see what would fall out to make my own decisions .
Having my phone monitored and mail I sent to Old Dog being pilfered with no outward signs of having been opened boogered me .
I'm reasonably certain I saw two repositories when I was with him . Numerous other signs . KGC I doubt . Swift , mebbie . Much earlier than Swift , much more likely .
Doubt I'll ever trek back down that way again . Too much to do here .
May there be peace between us ,
Jim

makton

Mar 5, 2008
New Lenox, Il
Detector(s) used
Explorer II with 10x12 SEF

I kinda miss SS's fantasy posts. They were entertaining to read but it was obvious the guy had a few loose screws.
Sounds like he will finally have the time to write that book with all the locations.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

Texas kudos to vamelungeon for outing the #1 blowhard in TNet history.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

vamelungeon:

Your chain is being yanked by a professional agent provacateur.

makton

Mar 5, 2008
New Lenox, Il
Detector(s) used

I think SS paranoia about people following him, wire taps, etc. etc may have been somewhat real.
I dont' believe it involved KGC vaults or treasures but due to the fact he was posting in a public forum
that if the govt. or anyone tried to take his treasures once inside the vault he will go out guns a blazing
David Korresh style. He later deleted that thread but I am sure it was enough to start a ball rolling and watching this guy post 9/11.

Peerless, are you the defender of justice from the UK???

Vamelungeon mentioned in his post he was required by law for no bond. For Christ's sake, the guy was arrested and charged for having the materials to make a pipe bomb and had a criminal history including a protective order against him which usually means anger management issues and posted on public forums on how he would go out guns a blazing against the govt. Whether Vamelungeon recused himself or not, it still would have been the same result.

I don't believe SS is a bad person...I just think he made some really bad decisions in some public forums.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008

Vamelungeon:

I tip my cap to you for calm, deliberative, careful, thoughtful responses and other posts. And I think you for your public service!

It's easy for folks to sit down at their computer in their bunny slippers and type almost anything. It takes guts for them to put their name on it. You, Sir, did that.

Please don't let the 1% of people here on TNF who are negative discourage you from continuing to contribute - both here and out there in real life!

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

PS: I happen to agree with you about the Nazi avatar. Remarkably poor taste!

makton

Mar 5, 2008
New Lenox, Il
Detector(s) used

If I was being charged with materials to build a pipe bomb I think I would have a lot more to worry about than a Magistrate that
didn't like me. I certainly wouldn't expect to get bailed out the same day for such a Federal offense.

:coffee2:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

Don't know about anyone else but I have followed Swiftsearcher's saga for a
long time. I tried to rein him in several times but he just became more radical.
I could tell the guy, however sincere he appeared, was going off the deep end.
Many around here encouraged his rants no matter how extreme.
With the evidence supplied by vamalungeon I can at last put his personality in
perspective. It seems like he reinvented himself into a super-hero to escape
the sad reality.
Thanks to Peerless for putting me on ignore. I've got your number, bud.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread