Symbols over load.

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello every one. Newbie here to symbols as usaully I am at the park, you can imagine what kind of symbols they have. I have been seeking out a place with treasure and symbols to lead my way and may have found them but am clueless to what they mean. :dontknow: Besides not knowing what they mean this place has so many its like over load. stuff on the wall from 1541/7 -1900's lots of stuff from 1800's.

Here is a little detail about the place. Its along a creek in the hilly part of the county about 100 yards from the medium sized river that runs along the hills of eastern KS. The place has had indians, trading post, small community all pre 1900, and a farm over the years all that is left now is the farm up the road. Down on the river just down from this creek is a outcrop sand stone bluff to mark the entrance of this little place. The place in reference is one of the largest caverns around going up the creek from here are more sandstone walls and formations its quit unique for the area.

I will list each picture and what I see and its location to the cavern below. Thanks for any advise.

Attachments

• Jesse james cave 007.JPG
    Jesse james cave 007.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 1,904
OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next

Does any of these mean anything? Like the J W mark?

Attachments

• Jesse james cave 009.JPG
    Jesse james cave 009.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 1,822
OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
third pic

What a pirate symbol doing in KS perhaps graphiti from a goonies fan?

Attachments

• Jesse james cave 013.JPG
    Jesse james cave 013.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 1,462
OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fourth pic

I thought this was interesting the trident then to the right is an angle with something in it?

Attachments

• Jesse james cave 019.JPG
    Jesse james cave 019.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 1,365
OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fifth pic

I found this to be very interesting the left holes make a W to the right I just can not make out what it is this is found inside by itself up high.

Attachments

• Jesse james cave 030.JPG
    Jesse james cave 030.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 1,284
OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pic six

Also by its self or at least away from the other marks.

Attachments

• Jesse james cave 020.JPG
    Jesse james cave 020.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 1,961
OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really interesting mark

What do you think of this so happens to be oriented as to point up the right branch of this creek.

Attachments

• jj.JPG
    jj.JPG
    334.3 KB · Views: 1,124
OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot

I know its a lot to take in. As you can see I am dealing with something, What I do not know. This place is just loaded with cool stuff. Perhaps I should be looking for something I am not seeing or should be with one of these marks. Thanks any and every one for any comments , hints, clues or answers.

Attachments

• Jesse james cave 023.JPG
    Jesse james cave 023.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 1,386

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way cool stuff, Onally! :thumbsup:
(I just wanted to 'tag' this post to see what the experts say about all these marks, so I can learn with you.)

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
onally does the creek have a fork and also does it have a small island where the creek surrounds it. dsty will be the one to get info on drill holes
you will have to separate the graffiti from the real clues
older marks that are shallow
will be older (possably)

OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorfarm said:
onally does the creek have a fork and also does it have a small island where the creek surrounds it. dsty will be the one to get info on drill holes
will be older (possably)

Yes up from here, the creek does fork as well as have an island between the mark and fork, it would be a small island.

OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield said:
Lots of stuff on top of other stuff. Is the easy carving surface limited in size? Not so much as it is a pretty large place and carvings seem to be in this spot as water does not run over them wash them out. here is a pic of part of the place.

Attachments

• Jesse james cave 013.JPG
    Jesse james cave 013.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,569
OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one more of place.

this is looking out towards the wall with the most writing. The place is large, most writing has been washed away.

Attachments

• Jesse james cave 001.JPG
    Jesse james cave 001.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,542

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
the (R) here is your creek and island

Attachments

• Jesse_james_cave_020.JPG
    Jesse_james_cave_020.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 1,136
OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found the pm message and looks like you had all ready answered my Pm to you. Thank you. I'll see what I can and relay later if i can make it out today.

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
onally said:
poorfarm said:
will be older (possably)

Yes up from here, the creek does fork as well as have an island between the mark and fork, it would be a small island.
onally thanks for the confirmation on the R being the layout of creek area

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
onally

Nice pics of a nice place. I believe you are on a popular old trail used by many soldiers, outlaws, inlaws, and others (some most likely a lot older) over time. Most added their names, initials, some dated to record their being there. I find the lichen covered pic in your number 6 the most interesting of all. You will have to sort it all out and see if there is a pattern you can follow or decipher. Good Luck!

Oddrock

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddrock said:
onally

Nice pics of a nice place. I believe you are on a popular old trail used by many soldiers, outlaws, inlaws, and others (some most likely a lot older) over time. Most added their names, initials, some dated to record their being there. I find the lichen covered pic in your number 6 the most interesting of all. You will have to sort it all out and see if there is a pattern you can follow or decipher. Good Luck!

Oddrock

Excellent point and if you carry a metal detector with you, there may be some interestin things to be found at the campsites. To find these campsites, just use common sense and think like a traveler of this route way back before fast food outlets and Holiday Inns.

pingdis

Jun 7, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Not yet.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
May have been a stop/campsite on the Santa Fe Trail? I know it ran from what is now Kansas City in a southwesterly direction through eastern Kansas. Maybe a stop on a feeder trail to the Santa Fe?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread