OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for the comments. I believe the pic with moss on it is something good. i can not wait to get the detector out and see what is going on below the groun!! I will keep you all posted for sure. If I come up missing for more than a month just figure I'm dead or in Cancun! I plan on spending a lot of time here and their:-)

OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found new marks.

Finally made it out today back to the overload and found some great things but forgot the camera got some pics with the phone but have not found the cord to get them on the computer. Found another j backwards j down the creek from the cavern also found what i thought was very interesting was a sun symbol with triangle eyes and like a Tpee mouth. i will post pics in the morning for sure even if I have to drive back out their.

OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Found new marks.

onally said:
Finally made it out today back to the overload and found some great things but forgot the camera got some pics with the phone but have not found the cord to get them on the computer. Found another j backwards j down the creek from the cavern also found what i thought was very interesting was a sun symbol with triangle eyes and like a Tpee mouth. i will post pics in the morning for sure even if I have to drive back out their.

I can not get pictures from phone will try to get something this weekend!! Thanks guys.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I agree with thers others that it seems to be several different types of outlaw, military, spanish, carvings that blend in here and you must get them seperated before they will be of any use to you, Good Luck

OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new pic 1

looking south through the cut out sand stone walls

Attachments

• carvings 012.JPG
    carvings 012.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 830
  • carvings 003.JPG
    carvings 003.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 821
OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pics 2 &3

holes drilled in the east wall/ left wall

Attachments

• carvings 011.JPG
    carvings 011.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 825
  • carvings 007.JPG
    carvings 007.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 942
  • carvings 008.JPG
    carvings 008.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 947
OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pic 4 & 5

At the top of said wall are these marks. they are equally spaced and of the same length. they look like the drill marks to blow out or quary rock but I do not believe this was quaried or have the need to use so much dynomite just blast some sand stone. they are hard to see in the pics but they are their. Also they only go half the length of the wall? Yet the other half is of the same look another reason i do not believe they are blasting marks.

Attachments

• carvings 006.JPG
    carvings 006.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 921
  • carvings 013.JPG
    carvings 013.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 1,016
OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
almost forgot this one.

This is also on the same wall. a very interesting mark if I do say so my self. this wall with these marks are up the creek from the symbols overload wall. which is actually a small cavern down the creek from here and around a bend or two.

Attachments

• carvings 009.JPG
    carvings 009.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 1,044

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, there is a little of everything there for any treasure hunter. I love it. I see a few things that I recognize. I would say leave this one alone, its gonna drive ya mad trying to read all of it. A general search of the area with a detector may provide some neat finds. Mostly stuff people left behind and not treasure.

Use some common sense and ask yourswelf, where would I park the horse, or camp? Maybe get a horse and see how the view looks while mounted. I also have found taking pictures and playing with them in paint by changing colors and such will reveal a lot we cant see now.

Good luck, please post any finds.

OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: almost forgot this one.

onally said:
This is also on the same wall. a very interesting mark if I do say so my self. this wall with these marks are up the creek from the symbols overload wall. which is actually a small cavern down the creek from here and around a bend or two.

I just noticed all the holes to the right of this mark! I willhave to go back and get a better pic!!!

Attachments

• carvings 009.JPG
    carvings 009.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 1,048
  • carvings 009.JPG
    carvings 009.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 1,041

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This symbol I have seen before and I usually find a mine nearby. But you being in Kansas and having the same symbol I would find here in the Southwest brings up some interesting questions. This etching looks fairly new. Im guessing a surveyor or miner mark of some sort. Its a shame the original marks were draw over and next too. Must have been one popular place.

If you do find a cave or mine nearby remember these are very old structures, and not safe to enter. I usually find stuff not to far off the beaten trail if your looking for a souvenir. Good Luck.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
That is a shaft sign.
It may also turn up with what looks like peck marks filling up the area in the middle and lines at the top and bottom, above and below the peck marks.
telling you the shaft is filled.
This one can represent a man made shaft or an open cave, so far I see no treasure signs.

OP
OP
O

onally

Oct 26, 2011
East, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
That is a shaft sign.
It may also turn up with what looks like peck marks filling up the area in the middle and lines at the top and bottom, above and below the peck marks.
This one can represent a man made shaft or an open cave, so far I see no treasure signs.

These walls run along this creek on both sides for a distance of about 75 yards at the very south end of these walls is a wagon crossing through the creek. At one time some one had dug a hand dug well next to the creek. it is filled up now as i believe it to be part of an early settlement from the 1800,s thats long since been gone. This mark was also found on one of the walls. Does it have a meaning?

Attachments

• carvings 002.JPG
    carvings 002.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 1,016

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
That last one i have seen something very similar on the net somewhere , if not on tnet. On carvings 006.JPG You may have a slivered man in the moon looking right.

Very interesting. There is a lot to look at.

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
Re: almost forgot this one.

onally said:
onally said:

I just noticed all the holes to the right of this mark! I willhave to go back and get a better pic!!!
onally is this the rev dir from the r u found
it looks as if this has been altered
looks like a upside down duck head the top a owl
onally change pic to blk and white then rev blw and white you should see arrows and numbers (kgc) possabily

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
onally here you go see the pattern
need to remove sticks
use brush to clean rock
then try to get pic without sun hitting it
above the left markup is your R and above that
looks like a ship anchor JJ

Attachments

• carvings 013.JPG
    carvings 013.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 782
  • carvings 009.JPG
    carvings 009.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 1,291

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
onally said:
Old Dog said:
That is a shaft sign.

These walls run along this creek on both sides for a distance of about 75 yards at the very south end of these walls is a wagon crossing through the creek. At one time some one had dug a hand dug well next to the creek. it is filled up now as i believe it to be part of an early settlement from the 1800,s thats long since been gone. This mark was also found on one of the walls. Does it have a meaning?

Onally,
I suggest reading some of the older posts here.
Some of these things have been very thoroughly explored and explained.
This one is a sun sign,
since it has rays it is a rising sun and says go west
The number of rays will tell you how far west to travel in days.
No rays would tell you to travel east.

Attachments

• carvings 002.JPG
    carvings 002.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 884

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
thom the sun sign doesnt look old enough to be spanish
is it possably indian showing their way west

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions