Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had the Simplex but sold it- not because it isn?t a good detector-
It certainly is, and I?ve seen it compared to the T2? A lot in
terms of capability. T2 all metal mode better, T2 possibly deeper,
Simplex possibly better separating in iron etc.
I did like the collapsibility of the Simplex for sure. The price goes
without saying a plus. The wireless is great and being waterproof is another asset
although I?m primarily a land hunter.
Even though the t2 is heavier it feels better to swing. Over long periods this
is even more important to me. I have the Ultimate coil now and haven?t used it
yet and will probably use a homemade sling when I do.
I?ll be keeping the T2 in my car so I always have a detector ready to go, and one
of the things I like most is that it runs up to 40 hours on the 4 alkaline batteries that
are readily replaceable so I never have to worry about charge status like I do with the Orx with
the coils and remote and headphones all being rechargeable. I also have a Deus Lite and with 4
Shared coils I can switch from one unit to the other if needed on a long hunt. Being tethered by
Headphones is a nuisance for sure but on the t2 I don?t want anything rechargeable so I?m using
Lightweight on ear headphones with a coily cord so snagging isn?t a big issue and I can put some space between me and the detector when I?m retrieving a target. I also notice the operating temperature range is 122 degrees for the t2 so it isn?t going to be harmed if it gets hot in my car
Which it rarely does if I use a mylar windshield shield on hottest days.Although dated I?ve always
Liked the f75/t2 platform and hope ftp uses similar on any hypothetical new and improved model
with SMF and waterproof with added features and factory programs. I won?t hold my breath
( to quote Aquachigger) but I?m hoping one is being planned. The t2 isn?t my primary machine
The Orx/ Deus Lite combo is, but it is one I like having. Also have a used Fisher f19 coming- had and sold a G2+ and wanted the f19 as another option. Very comfortable and efficient machines.

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been wondering if the T2 LTD was still relevant. I just bought a simplex and an ORX, (have plenty of other detectors as well. The T2 has been used in other countries for gold nuggets, but so many new machines have come out. Do you know how it does at this?

Denny45

Apr 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t own a simplex but I do own a T2. Use it for tot-lots and demos. I also keep it in the trunk of my car. It can withstand the very hot temperatures in central California.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread