T2 verses F70 with N.E.L. Hunter Coil !

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am going to buy a Fisher F 70 in the next few days. Although the people I hunt with both use a T2.

The F70 I am looking at has the 10inch concentric. I know that is good for a school yard but we are hard core civil war hunters. I like the ideal of having the 10 concentric for coins but I believe i am going to need to put some " more fire in the wire ! " to keep up with my buddies. So here is the plan ! Buy a N.E.L. Hunter Coil for relic hunting ! Will this level the playing field with my T2 Buddies running their 11inch wide scans ?

Why am i buying a F70 instead of a T2 ? I am old school and when I learn VDI I want to get it right and go slow and when I'm ready to upgrade to a T2 I can give the F70 to the wife.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very interesting thread you got started here. Can't wait to hear from you on how the F70 stacks up against them T2's. I have a feeling with that NEL you will give them a good run for their money. Keep us posted! For the money, the F70 seems like a lot of bang and depth for the buck.

OP
OP
roaddust66

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I suppose you all are thinking , well why doesnt he just buy a T2 ? I want something simple and I can't afford much. Its hard Obama Times you know and I can run the 10 inch concentric for a while before upgrading

OP
OP
roaddust66

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought a used F75 verses a new F70. Only had it a few days and I'm taking my first steps. So far so good.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was going to be my suggestion....buy a used F75.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also understand that we will be offered an upgrade to bring our machines up to the new ones they will be releasing shortly...

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man, obama said he was going to change the country,remember the slogan "change" ain't it wonderful.. :censored:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread