image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
Upvote 21

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your little bottle is a medicine bottle could have been veterinary related the top was probably rubber so a needle could push through and I agree the dog was worth the effort. I remember some like that in a gift shop I bought for my Mom when she was in a hospital when I was a child.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your little bottle is a medicine bottle could have been veterinary related the top was probably rubber so a needle could push through and I agree the dog was worth the effort. I remember some like that in a gift shop I bought for my Mom when she was in a hospital when I was a child.
Perhaps Insulin ?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guys I went to the creek again and not much left but three suspenders but I don’t think you’re very old a small little vial, Another small glass vile, musket ball and my favorite a glass dog I’ll put in four hours and my back is killing me I’m just glad I rescued this dog
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth.
Congratulations on your nice recoveries

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the milk-glass dog!

The small bottle was made by the Kimble Glass Company of Chicago, probably between c.1917-c.1920:

Kimble.jpg

Note that their later “K in elongated hexagon” used from 1947 onwards has the arms of the K touching the borders of the hexagon, whereas the earlier mark (like yours) does not. The dating comes from Toulouse’s 1971 reference publication on glass marks but isn’t supported by trademark registration evidence. Toulouse attributes it from “directories, Kimble history papers, and personal contact”. It does however tie in with Kimble being a known maker of “vials and prescription ware” at this time.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the milk-glass dog!

The small bottle was made by the Kimble Glass Company of Chicago, probably between c.1917-c.1920:

View attachment 2006393

Note that their later “K in elongated hexagon” used from 1947 onwards has the arms of the K touching the borders of the hexagon, whereas the earlier mark (like yours) does not. The dating comes from Toulouse’s 1971 reference publication on glass marks but isn’t supported by trademark registration evidence. Toulouse attributes it from “directories, Kimble history papers, and personal contact”. It does however tie in with Kimble being a known maker of “vials and prescription ware” at this time.
Red you’re amazing you really are I admire you and respect your comments

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red you’re amazing you really are I admire you and respect your comments

That's a very kind thing for you to say.

I would just add that there are a number of things a vial like that could have contained, but insulin isn't likely to be one of them if it dates to c.1917-c.1920.

The first use of insulin to treat diabetes in a human was in January 1922, commercial production didn't begin until May 1922, and it was a while before it became a routinely prescribed treatment.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a very kind thing for you to say.

I would just add that there are a number of things a vial like that could have contained, but insulin isn't likely to be one of them if it dates to c.1917-c.1920.

The first use of insulin to treat diabetes in a human was in January 1922, commercial production didn't begin until May 1922, and it was a while before it became a routinely prescribed treatment.
I learned something every day

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, nice Dog find!