Tallahassee , are ye any MDs in Tallahassee ?

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Re: Tallahassee , are ye any MD's in Tallahassee ?

Theres some history you find in books! :read2: :laughing9: Andrew Jackson was dead and gone long before the Battle of Natural bridge. The Battle of Natural Bridge was a succesful attempt by some old men, students at what is now Florida State University and some regulars in the Confederate Army to prevent the capute of Tallahasse by those invading yankee mongrels. I have a sneaking suspicion Indians were visiting Wakulla Springs long before Ponce De Leon was born. Per Wikipedia,De Leon never mentioned the fountain of Youth during his expedition through Florida and the Tallahatchie Bridge referenced in the song "Ode to Billy Joe"written by Bobbie Gentry and later in the movie of the same title, is over the Tallahatchie River in Miss. Must've been a long trip if you pedalled to that bridge! Oh yeah. For the record, Woodville has only one traffic light. I was in Tallahassee from 1971 -2008 and have ridden all over the area for many years. All that aside, I would have to agree there is still some stuff to be found in the area.
[/quote]
1 traffic light. lol
Natural Bridge Battlefield is located in Woodville. I found the Natural Bridge. You know, Andrew Jacksons battlefield. It seems to me that there would(ville) be something there! And a Natural Bridge shares the same treasure symbol of the Spanish Vara, (yard), symbol, " V " .
Wakulla Springs is located in that vicinity. The deepest spring in the world, 183 feet deep! located by Ponce De Leon as "The" - "Fountain Of Youth"! There has GOT to be something in that area for metal detecting.
And there's that famous bridge that "Billy Joe" jumped off of that made a famous suicide song years ago in that area. ..."The day that Billy Joe jumped off the Tallahatchee Bridge"... .
I am down in Cocoa Beach. I went to Lively VoTech up there in 1985-1987. I used to bicycle out to those spots. Nice road trips. Saint Augustine Road is also a famous Canopy road.

[/quote]

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3

ldrigg71 said:
Theres some history you find in books! :read2: :laughing9: Andrew Jackson was dead and gone long before the Battle of Natural bridge. The Battle of Natural Bridge was a successful attempt by some old men, students at what is now Florida State University and some regulars in the Confederate Army to prevent the Capture of Tallahassee by those invading Yankee mongrels. I have a sneaking suspicion Indians were visiting Wakulla Springs long before Ponce De Leon was born. Per Wikipedia,De Leon never mentioned the fountain of Youth during his expedition through Florida and the Tallahatchie Bridge referenced in the song "Ode to Billy Joe"written by Bobbie Gentry and later in the movie of the same title, is over the Tallahatchie River in Miss. Must've been a long trip if you pedalled to that bridge! Oh yeah. For the record, Woodville has only one traffic light. I was in Tallahassee from 1971 -2008 and have ridden all over the area for many years. All that aside, I would have to agree there is still some stuff to be found in the area.
1 traffic light. lol Like One Horse Town, (if that is funny).
Thank you for correcting all the mistakes. :tongue3:
Okay.It was a Confederate battle? Sure, if you say so.
There weren't any Indians in that area , ever. They are "Natives"!
They,?, pulled out a Masterdom bone out of there years ago . I saw a nine foot water moccasin in there once too.
I am not sure if you can use a underwater metal detector there or not.
& 'I think', "The Creature From the Black Lagoon" was filmed there.
Were there 2 Talahatchee bridges I wonder?
And where is that famous Chatahoochee mental hospital? It is somewhere near this area? .

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

ok. so they were natives. i refuse to be p/c. however i do not wish to offend. seems like there was a nearly complete mastadon pulled out of the spring. there is still a dugout canoe in there. I am sure there is more than one Tallahachie bridge although i cant prove it. it just seems to reason there would be more than one road crossing the river. the Chattahoochee State hopsital is northwest of Tallahassee. Wakulla Springs is off limits to Md'ing. i envy your 9 foot moc! the largest i have ever seen was about 5 feet long but it was as big as a honeydew melon. Freakin huge snake!!

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver

So, who is still here?I stayed in missouri for longer than I thought..LOL
Oh, and all those places that Sorroque mentioned, you better not get caugt with a MD even in your car there much less out using it.!... :(

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia

Posting here just to keep the topic from disappearing. I am still here, and always ready to go on a hunt. If you don't know where to go, I have some leads. I have info on a ghost town in the area that needs finding. It was abandoned in a rush, so there should be stuff to be had.

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cairo Ga checking in recently relocated to south ga have a couple nice spots in grady county would love to hunt with someone

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

got a few of us , located in gainesville, florida area looking to do some searching, we may even have a couple places to share just east of lake city.

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

I finally made it back. Got through school and now working midnight shift. I am off from wed @8am to fri @11:30pm.The weather is getting nice and I am itching to hunt!

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wakulla County native here. Gonne be home this coming week (31 Mar-4 Apr) and wanted to see if any of yall wanted to hunt one day. Give me a holler on here if so.

Matt

Nicademous

Greenie
Apr 18, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Whites XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in Tallahassee, let me know if you ever want to go.

CREATURE850

Greenie
Oct 26, 2021
Tallahassee
TALLAHASSEE resident here: I had 2 detectors they recently got broke from being moved around. I do have 2magnets for hunting the waters. my problem is I can never seem to find anywhere to hunt land or water. I usually just load the family in the truck and go riding around we have stopped and took pictures of places "posted on my page" some are very tempting to hunt just don't want to get in trouble. If anyone has any idea what the big concrete structure is please leave a comment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread