TDI Beachhunter VS Garrett sea hunter

persiatic

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI guys!
I have a Garrett sea hunter with the big coil which found me a lot of goodies in the salt water. I havn't find any comparisson between the sea hunter and TDI beachhunter regarding the depth anywhere.Have anybody any clues? I have have in my minde for a long time to buy a TDI but Fisher impulse aq has stoped me doing that. Sometimes i'm getting a super faint almost non hearable signal(deep) which is very easy to miss,how about the TDI in this situation? Cheers

Upvote 2

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the TDI in my sights but let it go, for now. Hopefully see the "AQ" before spring.

On the compare, not sure. Good Luck!

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to run the Seahunter with the larger coil......nice detector but the TDIBH is in another league. A 12” deep target will be seen an extra 2” to 3” deeper with the TDIBH with the stock battery pack......and another couple inches deeper again running the 14.8v battery pack. This is my first hand experience.
I hope this helps
Tony

OP
OP
P

persiatic

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks OBN you are my favorite Hunter. I'm hoping too having AQ before Christmas.The sea Hunter has tendency to miss super faint targets if you don't have a pro ears.

Reactions: OBN
OP
OP
P

persiatic

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hookahforgold, I have no problem worth depth,it is very deep machine,some super faint signal is easy to miss because you just get interruption in threshold not the sound.I see that the TDI have actually sound compare to sees Hunter threshold which maybe you can hear deep targets better

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hookahforgold, I have no problem worth depth,it is very deep machine,some super faint signal is easy to miss because you just get interruption in threshold not the sound.I see that the TDI have actually sound compare to sees Hunter threshold which maybe you can hear deep targets better
A faint Sea Hunter signal will be an obvious TDIBH signal :icon_thumright:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
A faint Sea Hunter signal will be an obvious TDIBH signal :icon_thumright:

I seen a guy over in the Uk that did a TDI Pro....I fell in love...see if I can find the picture

73504771_10156399739287175_1649821891877142528_o.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

persiatic

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a big area in the water full of small and big iron pieces scattered around and i managed to pull out some gold rings during some years and i know there is still more gold.Most of the time i dont even dare to aproach the area because of the amount of iron. Therfore Fisher impulse aq can maybe help in this sitution,i dont know,but i saw a video demonstrating a TDI finding gold ring under nails like AQ.Can TDI beachhunter help me in this situation too??

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
i have a big area in the water full of small and big iron pieces scattered around and i managed to pull out some gold rings during some years and i know there is still more gold.Most of the time i dont even dare to aproach the area because of the amount of iron. Therfore Fisher impulse aq can maybe help in this sitution,i dont know,but i saw a video demonstrating a TDI finding gold ring under nails like AQ.Can TDI beachhunter help me in this situation too??
I think your better off waiting for the "AQ" ..........seems to be easier to get thru tough area's like that. Me, I am looking for raw depth...and smaller gold. But If I don't see the "AQ" by next May I may go TDI BH...then upgrade the battery pack to a LiPo 16.8.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

persiatic

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply OBN ! by the way, regarding the test Whites doing with the TDI BH new coil,do you know if its a bigger coil or smaller? any benefits either those coils compare to currently 12 coil?

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Fisher AQ is just a pipe dream. I wish it wasnt but ....

chub

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let’s hope the AQ will be realised.......and hopefully soon.

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chub..... i dont think so. Its tied to the TERRA .... i think Fisher needs both. I believe water hunting needs this step as well. We need the competition to look at getting more depth in the salt water..... without people discounting the normal ... i dont want to dig it all, something you do with a PI and why most use VLFs. If we can get them started doing disc PIs who knows where that might go. All that said thou...... i believe there maybe hold ups which may keep us from seeing it by Christmas. IF its a coil issue ....making them all by hand or it NOT wanting to run at 7uS in the salt..... we might see fewer available. That of course would make them pricy. Then most of us would set back ... watch... and listen to just how well they disc and run. If you have to turn them up ...of you loose a ton of depth when in disc ..... could be only the experience full time hunters would grab um up...... others wouldnt find the price worth the advantage.

Joe..... i know the FCC has limits on freq... ya think these battery upgrades violate that? NOT that the FCC would coming running out on the beach after you lol.

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Joe I can't begin to imagine you going from your Excal II to anything else.

• Wow
Reactions: OBN
Nov 12, 2019
Ft. Laud., FL
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: MINELAB EQUINOX 800 WITH ALL COILS. GARRETT SEA HUNTER II.

PREVIOUS: WHITES V3i; MINELAB EXPLORER II, MINELAB SD2100; JW FISHERS 8X; MINELAB EXCALIBUR 1000
Primary Interest:
I used to run the Seahunter with the larger coil......nice detector but the TDIBH is in another league. A 12” deep target will be seen an extra 2” to 3” deeper with the TDIBH with the stock battery pack......and another couple inches deeper again running the 14.8v battery pack. This is my first hand experience.
I hope this helps
Tony
I have both detectors and I think your comments are correct. I am very nervous about taking the TDI Beach Hunter into the water because there are rumors that it does leak and I was warned by the previous owner that I could do anything I wanted with the detector but not get it completely submerged in the water. What is your experience? Thanks, Brittany.

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the coil on the TDI float like the coil on the Dual Field? If so, is there any coil that doesn't float that would work? That's the only drawback on using it in the water as you constantly have to push on it. If there isn't any substitute coil, I'll get the Anderson straight shaft as the S-rod is ergonomically awful. It's unfortunate that someone in the Whites family couldn't keep Whites Electronics in business.

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Barska Winbest Elite Edition, Bounty Hunter TK-IV, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Ace Apex, XP ORX, XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HI guys!
I have a Garrett sea hunter with the big coil which found me a lot of goodies in the salt water. I havn't find any comparisson between the sea hunter and TDI beachhunter regarding the depth anywhere.Have anybody any clues? I have have in my minde for a long time to buy a TDI but Fisher impulse aq has stoped me doing that. Sometimes i'm getting a super faint almost non hearable signal(deep) which is very easy to miss,how about the TDI in this situation? Cheers
TDI all day.

Nov 12, 2019
Ft. Laud., FL
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: MINELAB EQUINOX 800 WITH ALL COILS. GARRETT SEA HUNTER II.

PREVIOUS: WHITES V3i; MINELAB EXPLORER II, MINELAB SD2100; JW FISHERS 8X; MINELAB EXCALIBUR 1000
Primary Interest:
I have both detectors and I think your comments are correct. I am very nervous about taking the TDI Beach Hunter into the water because there are rumors that it does leak and I was warned by the previous owner that I could do anything I wanted with the detector but not get it completely submerged in the water. What is your experience? Thanks, Brittany.
There are now 3000 mah AA batteries available that put out 1.7v, and when multiplied by 8 gets you pretty close to 14.8v, good enough for now. I am testing the benefits of these high output AA cells.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions