Teknetics Gamma 6000 Metal Detector

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The gamma 6000 is a fine machine ...whites makes good detectors too study them more and find out whats the right machine for you

OP
OP
Bob62

Bob62

Greenie
Mar 14, 2010
woodstock GA.
Detector(s) used
white's mxt and classic id. and Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gamma 6000 is a fine machine ...whites makes good detectors too study them more and find out whats the right machine for you
hi GAP.meal how would the 6000 match up with the mxt. all detector's i have are whites but a friend had toll me a little about the 6000 and it's got me wanting one as a back up.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never used the Gamma but have used the Delta and the Omega 8000. The Delta was junk and the Omega was great so you never know.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi can anyone tell me if the if the teknetics gamma 6000 metal detector is any good. are they better than whites metal detectors. thanks

Its a VERY good coin machine,specially for the price. Perfect frequency to hit silver. Holler if you have questions or looking for a great deal. Love to help you! Bart

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've owned the gamma myself and found that its gets the same depth as the omega light as a feather and a little more stabler deep dimes will read 40 iron for some reason these are 8" stuff and this is with the 8" coil the 11" DD would be killer on this and also the delta if your ground has any mineralization at all hang it up

onbrake

Greenie
Feb 15, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ,O8,XLT,IDX PRO.
I love the 08 so light you can hunt all day long.I also have a Whites and use it as a back up just to heavy for regular use.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Gamma and MXT are both good machines, but very different. To say one is "better" than the other would miss the point. The right question to ask is which one is a better fit to your personal preferences.

I designed 'em both.

You might want also to consider the Omega, the F5, the GBP/G2 (Fisher/Teknetics) and the F70, which are other good performing machines in the same general price range of the MXT or a little lower, it's been a while since I looked at price tags. I designed all of those as well.

Of the machines I've named, the Gamma is the least expensive. Its basic performance is about the same as the Omega, but between those two I much prefer the Omega user interface. Also, most folks would probably say that if you get either an Omega or a Gamma, get an 11 inch searchcoil for it. I believe the Omega can be ordered with the 11 inch searchcoil but don't believe that's the case with the Gamma.

--Dave J.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread