Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a reason why Amundsen's work is rejected... he's a loon. --Dave Rishar.

That is uncalled for! Have you even worked through his processes and see that they all follow sound decryption methods? I find nothing wrong with his work. I think "he's a loon" is uncalled for and out of place. Why do people react this way when they do not even understand the work. When everyone can add one and one to get two, it should be a fact for everyone.

I can tell you that the Knight's Templar treasure was buried on Oak Island. Whether it is still there will be left up for the Lagina brothers to find. I see no one else laying out the cash to find anything or to research anything. Some are too cheap to even purchase a metal detector and go down to their local park. Don't put down others work without at least give it a good test drive.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think that anyone will deny that the Portuguese were in the NS area. Some of them may even have been KoC. None of them, though, were here during the period that people claim that the KT were here. There has been nothing presented, however, that indicates that they were on Oak Island, in any time period.... not that I have seen, anyhow.

Reparee, there is nothing wrong with having a theory and then investigating it. Why dismiss a theory outright without having done exhaustive research on it? Lack of evidence does not in and of itself mean the Portuguese were not there. Progress also comes from folks having a theory and than setting out to prove or disprove it. Your Dave Rishar quote is only partially correct in my opinion. As to the "some of them may even have been KoC, you can take out the "may have been" phrase, unless of course you would prefer to tell certain Portuguese historians they are wrong.

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a reason why Amundsen's work is rejected... he's a loon. --Dave Rishar.

That is uncalled for! Have you even worked through his processes and see that they all follow sound decryption methods? I find nothing wrong with his work. I think "he's a loon" is uncalled for and out of place. Why do people react this way when they do not even understand the work. When everyone can add one and one to get two, it should be a fact for everyone.

I can tell you that the Knight's Templar treasure was buried on Oak Island. Whether it is still there will be left up for the Lagina brothers to find. I see no one else laying out the cash to find anything or to research anything. Some are too cheap to even purchase a metal detector and go down to their local park. Don't put down others work without at least give it a good test drive.

It was me that called Amundsen a loon, not Dave Rishar, and having gone through his work, I stand by that statement.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say you are wrong.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reparee, there is nothing wrong with having a theory and then investigating it. Why dismiss a theory outright without having done exhaustive research on it? Lack of evidence does not in and of itself mean the Portuguese were not there. Progress also comes from folks having a theory and than setting out to prove or disprove it. Your Dave Rishar quote is only partially correct in my opinion. As to the "some of them may even have been KoC, you can take out the "may have been" phrase, unless of course you would prefer to tell certain Portuguese historians they are wrong.

There is nothing wrong with having an idea, and then investigating it. There IS something wrong, though, with insisting on the idea despite a lack of concrete supporting material evidence.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are theories people. Theories. They are neither wrong or right until proven or not proven.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dismissing something outright because something has not been found to date makes no sense to me. None. Research takes time and discoveries are being made every day that change the human historical narrative. Why that should be any different on the issue of Templars or Oak Island or Francis Bacon's manuscripts or whatever else is theorized regarding Oak Island is a mystery to me. I think the theories put forth are really interesting and I enjoy them immensely. Some I don't put much stake in frankly, but I could be completely wrong and would be quite happy to be proven as such.

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dismissing something outright because something has not been found to date makes no sense to me. None. Research takes time and discoveries are being made every day that change the human historical narrative. Why that should be any different on the issue of Templars or Oak Island or Francis Bacon's manuscripts or whatever else is theorized regarding Oak Island is a mystery to me. I think the theories put forth are really interesting and I enjoy them immensely. Some I don't put much stake in frankly, but I could be completely wrong and would be quite happy to be proven as such.

The thing is, we are not talking about theories. A theory is a statement that describes a group of facts ... facts that have been examined and verified. If 700 year old European items are found in context on Oak Island, then a theory can be developed based on that evidence. The "Templars on Oak Island" narrative, as it is now, is nothing more than Templar fan fiction and can't be taken serious.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing is, we are not talking about theories. A theory is a statement that describes a group of facts ... facts that have been examined and verified. If 700 year old European items are found in context on Oak Island, then a theory can be developed based on that evidence. The "Templars on Oak Island" narrative, as it is now, is nothing more than Templar fan fiction and can't be taken serious.

Explain the "Tree of Life" on Oak Island and how Petter Amundsen went there and measured exactly to where the stones were located? Fred Nolan did not do all of that.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
It was me that called Amundsen a loon, not Dave Rishar, and having gone through his work, I stand by that statement.

As do I. Not my quote, but it sums up my feelings accurately enough.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Is the definition for Petter Amundsen...a Loon...Correct?

A crazy[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]psychotic[FONT=&quot] person who doesn't care a.k.a [/FONT]nutter.

I believe he is one of many...trying to come up with a...Theory...on the Mystery of Oak Island.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
A crazy, psychotic person who doesn't care a.k.a nutter.

That's one definition. Oxford defines it as a "silly or foolish person." Merriam-Webster simplifies it to "a crazy person." Those were the sorts of definitions that I had in mind when I was making my statement.

In your haste to cherry pick a definition that would function properly with your attempted straw man argument, you appear to have skipped past those and gone right to the Urban Dictionary. That's not the first place that I go to when I want a correct definition for a word, but you do you.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have your laughs and bad mouth a great man. I believe his work is 100 percent on the money. The Lagina brothers are most likely recovering treasure from the swamp while everyone is watching holes being drilled and Smith's Cove being explored. Just my thoughts and I trust myself more than anyone else I know. Sometimes to have an intelligent conversation I have to talk to myself.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would bet money that this stuff is just stored in boxes and never looked at again. I cannot see Rick sitting there going over hundreds of boxes of old notes looking for evidence on oak Island .

That I will agree with. They have not done any research yet.

I found it interesting that he pulled the “ map” out of the book.
The same map we have seen before. I don’t know if the map is real or not. However they did find the hatch,right where the map said it was. No more investigation of this spot. Does not make much since to me. Also the “ map” also shows a valve. I am not a smart man,but “valve” usually means a way turn something on or off. Like water!

I will have to disagree with you on no evidence of KT being on Oak Island.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Considering the dubious information on their age and origin, the coconut fibers by themselves are meaningless in determining who was on OI. If people want to conclude that the KT were on OI, then they need to find confirmed material evidence, in context, that can be accurately dated, and which is unique to the Templars (to the exclusion of all other people from that period). If you want to claim that this 'coconut' fiber is Templar in origin, then this material evidence would have to be found in association with the 'coconut' fiber. Until this evidence is found, any claims of Templars in NS is just baseless speculation.

You do remember that the Lagina's had the material identified and dated to the 13th century (plus or minus a few years), the problem being that nobody has released documentation of that series of test. And it is a fact that the KT's did trade in Palestine during that time. European trade routes confirm that "coir" (coconut fibre) was sent to the Middle East region in the same time period. Another documented fact is that the Templar's left the area with treasures (also documented), and sailed to France with a small fleet (one source says ten vessels). Another documented fact is that all Templar vessels left La Rochelle France (on the Atlantic) in mid-1307 never to be seen again. A testimony by one of the leading officers claims 18 vessels left La Rochelle with the 2nd in command Gerard de Villers as leader, Villers, becoming the most wanted man in France, was also never heard from again.

The Norse did not trade in the Eastern Mediterranean after about 1100ad, so they should be excluded, (although a possibility does of course exist)

Another fact is that the Norse who contested the First Nations peoples of Canada begat their own troubles. Other, later arriving Europeans didn't seem to have the same problems, so why would any group that treated the First Nations with respect?

Sure there are other possibilities, but the point is that a group of Knight Templar's would be the most likely of any Europeans to have visited Nova Scotia in the 14th century (if anybody did). I do not believe they left any treasure on Oak Island or for that matter, that anybody did.

I will also agree with one point you make, "considering the dubious information on their age and origin, the coconut fibers by themselves are meaningless", which is why it would seem to be relevant for somebody with the ability to do so to provide documented dna study's and dating of the material in question.

I was only here to keep the Knight Templar theory in the forefront among the obvious hoax's put forth and for the benefit of any real free thinkers on this forum.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You Say Tomato...I Say TomaTO!...On the Internet...It Means...The Same!

That's one definition. Oxford defines it as a "silly or foolish person." Merriam-Webster simplifies it to "a crazy person." Those were the sorts of definitions that I had in mind when I was making my statement.

Tomato.png

In your haste to cherry pick a definition that would function properly with your attempted straw man argument, you appear to have skipped past those and gone right to the Urban Dictionary. That's not the first place that I go to when I want a correct definition for a word, but you do you.

I am amazed that you would try to argue this out...on a technicality...as silly as... what Dictionary we are to use!

From "Lunatic" they erroneously termed "Loon" due to its "Howls" which they related to "Howls of Insane" which actually go back to Francis Bacon's Shakespearean Plays.

What a coincidence!

The Loon to me is a Majestic Bird.

Loon.jpg

I live on a lake in the northern Canada where Loons congregate during the summer.

The call at night during a full moon is a call soothing to a man's soul.

I have witnessed the courage of these fouls, challenging a Bald Eagle over the possession of a trout.

No...call any of us who seek a solution to the Mystery of Oak Island...Obsessed, Misguided, or Off Track...but not...a Loon!

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am amazed that you would try to argue this out...on a technicality...as silly as... what Dictionary we are to use!

From "Lunatic" they erroneously termed "Loon" due to its "Howls" which they related to "Howls of Insane" which actually go back to Francis Bacon's Shakespearean Plays.

What a coincidence!

The Loon to me is a Majestic Bird.

View attachment 1659211

I live on a lake in the northern Canada where Loons congregate during the summer.

The call at night during a full moon is a call soothing to a man's soul.

I have witnessed the courage of these fouls, challenging a Bald Eagle over the possession of a trout.

No...call any of us who seek a solution to the Mystery of Oak Island...Obsessed, Misguided, or Off Track...but not...a Loon!

No more beautiful sound than the "call of the Loon"!

Cheers, Loki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread