VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi from Tennessee. I made a solo trip last Monday and dug the pulled .58 and the 2 pieces of campfire lead (melted bullets). Not very exciting but for the fact that the campfire lead and the pulled bullet came from a new location away from the known camp center. More to come in the Fall
We were expecting t-storms this am and I hunted about 2 hours at another U.S. camp before the storms hit. I managed an old pocket knife, .54 cal. ball, an iron piece from a bit, stirrup, or iron spur, and a hard to find .75 cal ball. This is the only site where we dig these. They were used in a British Musketoon (smoothbore) and are found only in early CW sites. I think this one is the 4th I have dug.
Getting that F75 tuned up for Fall hunting with Dman, TENN JOSH, Tenn. Digger, John Freeman, and a few other friends. Read my article in the current issue of American
Digger Magazine about getting the most of your F75. The next issue contains my article about when Dman (Doug) and I hunted with Josh and Doug recovered the rare 1837 Republic of Texas button that was a Best Find of 2012 in W & E Treasures. Speaking of W & E Treasures, they tell me I have an article in their upcoming Oct. issue concerning the very U.S. CW camp where I hunted today.
I hope everyone has a safe and productive Fall hunting experience, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0669.JPG
    DSCN0669.JPG
    376.3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Upvote 10
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you got out for a bit, Quindy! You saved some nice relics! I am looking forward to some cooler weather, too!

Thanks Rob. when you travel to your ranch this year, maybe you can stop by again and we can hunt or at least eat a meal together. HH, Q.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Quindy , Nice pre Fall finds . A musketoon 8-) Sounds like your geared up and ready to go this Fall . Rooting for a CSA plate recovery from "The Mighty Q " , as alwAYs ! GoodLuck dawg

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Quindy , Nice pre Fall finds . A musketoon 8-) Sounds like your geared up and ready to go this Fall . Rooting for a CSA plate recovery from "The Mighty Q " , as alwAYs ! GoodLuck dawg

Thanks Dawg and I wish you more great finds "Down by the old mill stream" this Fall. HH, Q.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs Quindy you guys should be in full force soon:hello:

I know i am getting ready:thumbsup:

Blaze