Tesoro Clean Sweep Coil???

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tesoro Clean Sweep Coil

I never leave home without it if i'm going to a park or recreation field

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Re: Tesoro Clean Sweep Coil ???

OK Charles. I can comprehend the slow smooth sweep of it but in pinpointing, is it sensitive the full length or just the back portion? The reason I ask is that the Bigfoot is picking up signals the full length but in pinpoint, you have to heel it (tilt it backwards) and use the last several inches of the coil to locate the target. Can you get closer to a chainlink fence by using the front edge, thereby eliminating more of the coil's surface (i.e. the 3.5" edge vs. the 18" side)? FInally, do you get any more depth since the coil is essentially an 18" one even though it's only 3.5" wide?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Clean Sweep Coil is hot down it's full 18" length. You can pinpoint just off the front or back edge and don't have to put the detector in a pinpoint mode. I have not been able to slide the side edge of the coil up against a metal fence, but a couple inches is OK. Using the front edge to check near playground equipement or fences works fine. The depth is a little less than a eight inch coil I've found.

I haven't used the one for the Umax, only the Tiger Shark. Both coils are the same and only the connectors are different. The coil has been discontinued for the Tiger Shark, but still available for the Sand Shark and Umaxs.

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thanks Sandman!
Since the DeLeon was won in a drawing, I figure I can afford to add the Clean Sweep to the arsenal. Much obliged.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread