Tesoro H.O.T circuitry and MicroMax Design and Micro Processor Technology differences

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Treasure Hunters.

I have not posted lately been on vacation, got back from Vegas:occasion14: and I have lots of questions, but without getting to technical can someone explain the differences between Tesoro H.O.T (high output transmit oscillator) circuitry over what was used in some of there old and what they are using currently in other models?

I realize there are quit a bit of differences with respect to what hunting mode/setting you are in what gives the H.O.T coil circuitry on four of Tesoro models gives an edge over depth in signal for increased sensitivity/gain to smaller items..wondering if it has something to do with the higher KHz on the Cibola and Vaquero is it just for added benifit for the Super Tune or both? What about the Compadre and Mojave at 10 KHz they look the same other then the ground mineralization switching aspect to the board circuitry but really the Compadre seems par if we are talking moderate soil anyways and the coil differences. Unless someone can tell me on moderate soil why the Mojave can get deeper objects over the Compadre, I would like to know.

What about the Silver uMax, LST, Outlaw, and the Tiger Shark? What is the name of the board circuitry they use as it appears even though they use the same ED120 just want to know ? The Vaquero is really somewhere around ~ED165 from what I hear and the T, C and the M is 180 circuitry. What circuity does the Deleon and the Cortes use.. (not ED) it appears they use both the same uMax housing design but all current models except the Silver are not uMax processors...am I right??? The Deleon and Cortes carry on phase shift for target identification, like others but more for Target ID and appears you need to 'LIFT' the coil for this to give you a better accurate reading, therefore circuitry construct or processor differs, it must right??

What is Micro Max Design just the housing or does it have to do with internal circuitry design?

What is MAXBoost Sensitivity on the Tejon and possibly other Tesoro detectors.. is it 'by turning the SENSITIVITY knob past 10 into the orange area puts the Sensitivity into the MAXBoost range found only on the MicroMAX detectors?? As on Tesoro web page it does not state the Tejon is a uMax detector, only the Silver, so must have something to do with the circuitry, and I am pretty sure MAXBoost Sensitivity has nothing to do with Super Tune on the Tejon as this feature only appears to behave on the C & V anyways.. maybe just a feature other then a major overhaul on circuitry?? To me MAXBoost is only on machines where it shows on the detector by turning the Sensitivity knob past 10 in the orange it is in MAXBoost range does that make it a MicroMAX ?

Would and did Tesoro consider a model with the delta 4-pin/HOT circuitry of the newer machines, but with lower Tx frequency for silver coin hunting or can this only fall into the epsilon series?? And have audio modulated higher some how.. at least 600 hz? And yeah without the High Audio upgrade as I am not interested in sending in for a mod to Tesoro and voiding my warranty....maybe they do this and still by not voiding my warranty.:dontknow:

Been looking at the Diabol and found this on Tesoro site.

"At the heart of the MicroMAX Diablo is a totally new circuit board developed from Surface Mount Technology. This MicroMAX circuit board helps provide ultra-smooth operation in the most difficult soil conditions along with greater depth and sensitivity to smaller gold nuggets."

What is Surface Mount Technolgy (SMT) , and since we are speaking of this how many other technologies did Tesoro evolve from and to. If anyone knows please list as this is easier for me to post then going through all of Tesoro manuals to dig in and understand where we came from to where we are today, as I am insterested in know if there are some old technologies/old models that maybe of interest to me still. I know the Outlaw that was released has it 'roots' in Bandido Technology even thought the Bandido is a uMax, but see the Outlaw is Low Audio circuitry...I am starting to understand that circuitry MOSTLY has to do with Audio differences and Battery Test 'mostly' am I incorrect in saying this?

Lot of questions I know but like to hear what you have to say.8-)

Last edited:
OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I already posted on Tech Talk, either way should be fine.

THanks.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I got you seen your post, tryed to click on the link weird just a blank white page had to go back and search this..

Thanks nagant

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it fixed.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will post in Tech Talk..trying to find out what other non uMax detectors other then the Silver uMax which has the following.

Microprocessor Technology
MicroMAX Design
Low Noise Circuitry

I need to understand what other current detectors use including the Silver uMax for the Microprocessor Technology and Tesoro's circuitry as they appear to be different subjects indeed even thought a Microprocessor is composed of circuits I need to know the board itself.

For instance.

Technolgy (MicroProcessor) or MicroMax Design (maybe just design housing)

Surface Mount Technology
Hybrid Circuit Technology
Max Boost technology
High Output Technology (coil technology, higher Tx power in the windings..maybe)

Circuitry

Low Noise Circuitry (I think Tesoro added this just becuase of how high the Battery Test is on the Compadre) but really after the battery test the signal noise is the same right? So Does this mean all Tesoro models use Low Noise Circuitry not just the Silver uMax?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The real answers are just a phone call away! 1-928-771-2646
skullflag.png

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't spoke to Rusty yet, I think I may gather up some questions here and give Tesoro a shout.

Thanks Terry.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't be overly concerned about the technology and terminology.

All Tesoros are good, so..
I just kept buying Tesoros 'till I found the ones I like to use the most!
Of course, if they introduce another new one... I'll probably get it too. :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions