D

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does it compare to the Compadre? Depth? Response?

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got it also and tested it out against the 8in compadre. Tone is the same as far as I can tell. Mojave is deeper. Air tests at 8in dime, 8.5 penny and nickel, 9in quarter. Very respectable. Looking forward to real world hunt tomorrow morn.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
8" dime.. pretty impressive! Actually 6"is pretty impressive.. I can't say what my deepest Compadre dime was? I honestly can't remember.

I can say this.. for some reason I get more joy looking at the Compadre then I do my F75..

I'll be looking forward to some videos of this new machine.

Last edited:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't wait to hear everyones results when their back out from hunting tomorrow, hope to find out what your thoughts are from the Mojave compared to the Compadre on depth and seperation likely will be better but by how much...and imagine it would be worth the ~100 difference, especially if it is going to pay itself off quit quickly, next to the coils swaps you can do with this as well.

Same bat time same bat forum.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking around this morning, since the Mojave isn't a Compadre, given the Silver Max is the same price and it's all metal mode isn't really all metal, I'd take the Mojave over the Silver Max.

I have a Silver Max.....

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy do I feel lucky that I got my Mojave when I did, just about all them have been spoken for and people are now starting to be put on a back order list to get one. It could be months before the next factory run of Mojave detectors. After reading the specs it didn't take me long before I was on the phone with Rusty ordering one. I'm thrilled with my purchase, it's one hot little detector.

tabman

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mine will show in a couple days..

I hesitated and didn't get one from Rusty when I could have. I really was wanting to try the coil though, so ordered a Mojave through Trans Bay. Apparently they do have some in stock; mine shipped yesterday. Unless using the Mojave makes me hoot & hollar... I'll just set it aside for a spare.

Can't wait to try the coil on my Bandido and Eldorado.:icon_sunny:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not sure why there is so much excitement over this "new" Tesoro. The concentric coil is not new, no different than the concentric coils already in use and available from Tesoro. The machine itself is simply a re-hash of a European model with American stickers on it. If you have a Cibola, or a Vaquero, the Mojave is not needed. I'm still hoping for something BIG from Tesoro this spring, but if this is it - yawn. :dontknow:

walnut

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, according to Tabman there is more to it than just that. I have a vaquero and a compadre and most likely don't have any need for a Mojave. But according to Tesoro it is has new circuitry and according to Tabman it beats the Compadre and Silver combined.

I'm not sure why there is so much excitement over this "new" Tesoro. The concentric coil is not new, no different than the concentric coils already in use and available from Tesoro. The machine itself is simply a re-hash of a European model with American stickers on it. If you have a Cibola, or a Vaquero, the Mojave is not needed. I'm still hoping for something BIG from Tesoro this spring, but if this is it - yawn. :dontknow:

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well all I can say is the Mojave acts like a Compadre but is much deeper. Anyone who has used a Compadre and knows how to use it knows it's very hard to beat in shallow hunting situations. The Mojave just extended the Compadres depth. Some tot lots with the gravel I couldn't hunt with the Compadre because of to much falsing. I hit them same tot lots the other day with the Mojave and with the switch on high I was able to smoothly detect them.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know, according to Tabman there is more to it than just that. I have a vaquero and a compadre and most likely don't have any need for a Mojave. But according to Tesoro it is has new circuitry and according to Tabman it beats the Compadre and Silver combined.

Y'all just sit back and watch me suck silver and gold from the ground using the Mojave. :laughing7:

tabman

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just picked up a Mojave on E-Bay from River-six detectors should be here Saturday. I think the Mojave will fit in good for Tot-lot hunting. Can't wait too give her a spin.

robs

Sep 20, 2014
Cormorant, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Classic, Tesoro silver umax, Fisher F2, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8" dime.. pretty impressive! Actually 6"is pretty impressive.. I can't say what my deepest Compadre dime was? I honestly can't remember.

I can say this.. for some reason I get more joy looking at the Compadre then I do my F75..

I'll be looking forward to some videos of this new machine.

I hear you. I have a Teknetics T2 Classic and a Silver Umax. I smile every time I grab the Silver.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There showing comming soon now in Canada the other day going price ~375.00, maybe too steep for me still will wait and see what Tesoro brings out next first, my Vaquero and coils will keep me going for a while and at this price if I had the money to blow it would be a Outlaw 8" if nothing else, but like others stated keep using your Vaq and just add a 8" so I think I will wait and see here then still.:headbang:

Last edited:

Glassy

Dec 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487095374.794459.jpg

Glassy

Dec 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will smoke the Mojave with the Super Cibola 3D!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread