Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly. The best thing you can do is take them for a test drive and compare them side by side. If you rely on an internet message board you will get hundreds of opinions, and they're all wrong.
Good advice but the opinions are not all wrong. They are just "opinions" and need to be taken with a grain of salt. If all Opinions are wrong. He shouldn't follow your advice either ;)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Yugo got you from point a to point b.....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are a few reasons why I use Tesoro machines..

Attachments

• gold cache 002.jpg
    gold cache 002.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 98
  • SixRings.jpg
    SixRings.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 95
  • gtr 001.jpg
    gtr 001.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 93
  • azgoldmeteorite.jpg
    azgoldmeteorite.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 89
  • silver 004.jpg
    silver 004.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 92

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it has to be one of our Good old USA models .. But i do think Japan put's out some good models...
I have 2003 Mazda Miata and I love it....

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good advice but the opinions are not all wrong. They are just "opinions" and need to be taken with a grain of salt. If all Opinions are wrong. He shouldn't follow your advice either ;)

I didn't tell him what machine to buy. All I said was to compare them side by side and decide which one best fits his needs. That's what I did, and I am happy with my decision.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
IMG_0521.JPG

I carry all my machines to the beach in Black Beauty...

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had other brands in the past and thought I had cleaned out certain places I've hunted before. Got the Vaquero in June of 2014. There an old school close to where I live that has a huge oak tree in the front of it. Lots of good finds there with some of the other detectors, but I thought I had cleaned that place out until I used the Vaquero there. Unless you have used one yourself, you wouldn't believe the depth of this machine. Lots more of old finds. Can't beat the lifetime warranty. Ordered the Tiger Shark couple of days ago. Can't wait to use it. RJ

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice car….But how do you get your detector in the Miata
Detector fits in passenger seat, scoop on luggage rack rest of equipment in trunk....

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro were one of the best selling European detectors AT ONE TIME. Just about every detector user had one. Main reason is performance in heavy iron and sensitivity to tiny coins a fraction of the size of U.S. ones. Unfortunately they have been overtaken by machines at a lower price with better warranties (we don't get lifetime). Now some dealers offer a limited range of models and others don't sell them at all.

Meanwhile as dozens of other brands swamp the U.S. market Tesoro has published a statement saying that they are not going under but there will be a CHANGE OF DIRECTION. About time too !

Last edited:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moderator...should Terry Soloman be allowed to take norbyx's post and print it out of context to totally change the meaning ?

Should he be allowed to claim that ONLY Tesoro has had lifetime warranties. Location Technology comes to mind with me and Monty posted only a fortnight ago that he had had three detectors with lifetime warranties.

As for sponsorship Terry you admitted it more than once though your later post said "it was only for two years".

Forums are supposed to exist to help people not to allow people to make things up as they go along or did I get this wrong somewhere along the line ?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Moderator...should Terry Soloman be allowed to take norbyx's post and print it out of context to totally change the meaning ?

Should he be allowed to claim that ONLY Tesoro has had lifetime warranties. Location Technology comes to mind with me and Monty posted only a fortnight ago that he had had three detectors with lifetime warranties.

As for sponsorship Terry you admitted it more than once though your later post said "it was only for two years".

Forums are supposed to exist to help people not to allow people to make things up as they go along or did I get this wrong somewhere along the line ?
I think there are things made up on all forums not only Tnet … A lot of non truth's on all forums...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Quote the post in question.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please quote post in question or give post number.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Poor, Poor UK Brian! Now who is just making stuff up? LMAO!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread