Tesoro Outlaw - Big Silver!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I almost didn't go this morning, but after reading a few posts and seeing some pictures of some nice finds I got fired up and lit out door in a rush. It was getting late and I needed to beat the heat, so I skipped breakfast. I grabbed some bottle water, a can of Libby's Vienna Sausages and couple of hotdogs and hit the road.

I was going to go back where I went yesterday but I forgot where it was. Lucky for me I remembered the street name and entered it into my GPS unit. While in route to the location I passed another rental house and decided to check it out. I called the number on the sign and got permission to detect it.

The house appeared like it was built in the early to mid fifties. It looked like it was going to be really trashy, so I decided that I would set the discrimination just high enough to discriminate out pull tabs.

It getting to be around 7:45 before I got started.
I decided to first work the city sidewalk that was next to a steep slope. My first target was a chuck of lead. My second target sounded broken and choppy, but I decided to dig anyway. To my surprise I dug up a 1944 Walking Liberty Half Dollar. That made my day! Anything else would be just gravy.

I couldn't decide if the house next door was drug house or women for hire. There were a lot of cars and people going and coming. One guy came over that looked like a pro football lineman and asked me if I was finding anything. I told him that I had found a few coins. He said that he had always wanted to get a metal detector. I talked to him about 15 minutes and told him what brand he should get and why.

I finally got back to detecting and found a 1947 Roses Dime and 4 Wheat Pennies. The Rosie wasn't all that deep and sounded really good. I lowered my discrimination down to it's minimum and dug some pull tabs in hopes of finding a gold ring. It was getting around 9:30 and I didn't feel like detecting anymore, so I decided to call it a day. I'm going back with my modded Cibola and see what it can do.

BTW, that large ring thingy in the trash pile came from around a huge tree in the back yard that appeared to be really old. It's not from the fifties. I'll have to do some research to see what was there before they developed the subdivision.

tabman

Outlaw%201944%20Walking%20Liberty%20007_zpskujm1njf.jpg
Outlaw%201944%20Walking%20Liberty%20010_zpsdl8dloia.jpg

Outlaw%201944%20Walking%20Liberty%20018_zpsvc3mm7ak.jpg
Outlaw%201944%20Walking%20Liberty%20019_zpscgjv1q2s.jpg

Outlaw%201944%20Walking%20Liberty%20001_zps06vxnopq.jpg

Outlaw%201944%20Walking%20Liberty%20003_zpsuspht1qd.jpg

Outlaw%201944%20Walking%20Liberty%20006_zpsa6v4bibg.jpg

Outlaw%201944%20Walking%20Liberty%20021_zpsqu6zk7xp.jpg

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt there, never tried just calling numbers on signs, guess some areas the folks are more friendly than others. Congrats on the silver haul, got one of those walkers this spring myself, first in 15 years at least !

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring looks like the rings that you find on an old metal swingset. There were a pair that hung from chains.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember just because a home was built on a certain date doesn't mean nothing was dropped on that land before that.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again you have killed it with that old beep and dig!

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finger pushing a big red button and then that familar repeat " That was easy "!!!
The Outlaw stike's first blood , now lets see how the Cibola does.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt there, never tried just calling numbers on signs, guess some areas the folks are more friendly than others. Congrats on the silver haul, got one of those walkers this spring myself, first in 15 years at least !

Thanks. Calling numbers off of signs work, but I do much better at face to face when it comes to asking for permission to detect their yard.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember just because a home was built on a certain date doesn't mean nothing was dropped on that land before that.

You're 100% right about that. When I find something unusual or out of place, I go the historical aerial maps to see what might have been there before.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once again you have killed it with that old beep and dig!

Let's keep how good Tesoro detectors are just between the two of us.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finger pushing a big red button and then that familar repeat " That was easy "!!!
The Outlaw stike's first blood , now lets see how the Cibola does.

Next outing I'm swinging the my modded Cibola with the NEL Sharpshooter coil. It's my favorite!

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread