Tesoro Tejon Repair. Teardown (control box)

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro Tejon Repair.
Teardown
(control box)​

Credit To: MD Hunter Blog

Here’s a pictorial report of the Tesoro Tejon teardown and repair. There are also some more options of the detector’s circuit diagrams, plus a circuit board layout. If you are interested, let me know in the comments below. All in all, it’s a pretty good machine. I wish you all hunting without breakage!

tesoro-tejon-repair-teardown-control-box-00001.jpg

tesoro-tejon-repair-teardown-control-box-00002.jpg

tesoro-tejon-repair-teardown-control-box-00003.jpg

tesoro-tejon-repair-teardown-control-box-00004.jpg

tesoro-tejon-repair-teardown-control-box-00005.jpg

tesoro-tejon-repair-teardown-control-box-00006.jpg

tesoro-tejon-repair-teardown-control-box-00007.jpg

tesoro-tejon-repair-teardown-control-box-00008.jpg

tesoro-tejon-repair-teardown-control-box-00009.jpg

tesoro-tejon-repair-teardown-control-box-00010.jpg

tesoro-tejon-repair-teardown-control-box-00011.jpg

All about the Tesoro Tejon is collected here (news, tests, comparisons with other devices, different reviews and opinions). Plus, on Knowledgebase pages there is additional information you should know before buying the Tesoro Tejon. The experience of others will help you save your time and money. Happy hunting to everyone!

https://md-hunter.com/tesoro-tejon-repair-teardown-control-box/

Milspec6

Jun 22, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been curious what the guts look like on many meters...you can tell a lot by the workmanship inside. I am not an electronics repair expert, but I do repair guitar amplifiers from time to time and the way those wires are soldered to the board in picture 7 concerns me...a lot. I have not seen wires dressed in that fashion before, and the soldering pool itself was not very well done either.

I've been seeing a lot of praise in videos on that machine so it must be a pretty good unit, but I would worry about long-term reliability with solder connections like those as they normally seperate as the solder oxidizes.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have all the detectors listed in my profile. My go to machine is my Tejon.

Beyond all those others, That Tejon rules the roost....

Milspec6

Jun 22, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard many say the same thing....still don't like the connections in picture 7 though. Even great units are not immune to errors. I have seen a lot of current production Fender amplifiers that lay the wire into a solder pool as well instead of passing it fully through the circuit board prior to soldering in place, but you never find that on vintage Fender amplifers built by aircraft techs. It looks like the other wires are installed through the board, so not sure why those 2 in picture 7 were just laid in the solder like that....the red wire is even fanned instead of twisted which really seems odd.

If that was mine, I would reattach those two wires for piece of mind down the road.

wiltran

Jan 30, 2022
Does anyone have a schematic for a Tejon they could share? Does anyone know what the part label is for the 3 pin diode above the LM393 in the upper left hand corner of the circuit board? any info is greatly appreciated. thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread