Tesoro Tiger/Sand shark Vs. Whites Beachunter ID

KinjoVT

Jun 7, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Prizim IV, BHID, GTAX 400, GTA 350, and a few others
Hello all, I have posted a similar question in the Whites section as well. Here is the situation. I purchased a Surfmaster PI and it did not work when it arrived. I contacted the seller and got a refund. Now I need to find a good water/beach machine. I am trying to decide between the three models listed in the title, a beachunter ID, a Tiger Shark and a Sand Shark. I own a Whites land machine. I have never owned a Tesoro and have only heard good reviews on all three models. If any of you have had any experience I would appreaciate it. All models are in the same price range. I plan on hunting mostly fresh water and beaches. I will use it occasionally at the ocean where there will be salt. As far as I know we do not have black sand where I live. Thanks

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Try DetectorPro Headhunter Diver Underwater Metal Detector.

hoosier hunter

Aug 20, 2005
Southern indiana
Hello, Dunn

I own the tesoro sand shark and I am very satisfied with It. It is very easy to use and It has really good depth. I just got in to water hunting this year and it is a blast. I have been detecting for 15 years and this is exciting. I dont know anything about the other brands. Good luck...

Hoosier Hunter....

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I have a Tiger Shark and I love it. The Tiger Shark is wonderful for fresh water and can be used in salt water too. It is a VLF machine. The Sand Shark is a pulse induction (PI) machine. It is not affected by ground mineralization like the VLF machines are. PI machines are like detecting in all metal mode all of the time. Both can be used for fresh or salt water conditions. You will dig deeper and a lot more using a PI machine, but your finds may be more. That's the way that I understand it. You can't go wrong with Tesoro. Their customer service and their warranty is tops and when you call them, you can usually speak to someone who works on detectors every day and can trouble shoot over the phone. I'm not saying that the other companies are not good, my experience is with Tesoro only. Hope it helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread