Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sharing this from a FB group.

A friend told me, last week, that all of the Tesoro stock has been purchased by a reputable and experienced detector technician and salesperson from another major detector manufacturer. I don't want to release his name but hopefully he will revive the Tesoro brand. I don't know whether or not he purchased the building.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
3928481E-97E3-4FB9-B6B5-C33CCCEC39BB.png I sure hope so..

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome if he makes the changes we want, i for one would like a simple analog vdi for my vaquero, i know most will say go get another detector, but it wouldn't compare really, and i don't care much for digital.

OP
OP
Mojave1

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can say that the YouTube video of the building for sale has been taken down by the realtor.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally feel that Jacks kids never really got into the potential dad started.Vince helping to design the Deleon started something then he left and it quickly died. Tesoro seemed to rely on Jacks innovation, then newer units were just redesigns of older tech. Maybe a new owner can see the potential Jack saw, and work to update units to 21st century standards. If the new owner detects himself, he is already ahead of Jacks kids.

The potential is there, IMO. And Tesoro still has a lot of dedicated fans.

Slim382ms

Feb 3, 2019
Southeast MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Téjon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

A friend told me, last week, that all of the Tesoro stock has been purchased by a reputable and experienced detector technician and salesperson from another major detector manufacturer. I don't want to release his name but hopefully he will revive the Tesoro brand. I don't know whether or not he purchased the building.

This would have been great to know before I sent my DD coil in for repair. I’m now sure that thing will probably never come back. Really sucks!

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’ll say it again. A vaquero with simple vdi and tones to relieve using disc. Designed around the 11x8. It wouldn’t be groundbreaking, but it could be affordable and powerful, and we as Tesoro fans would gobble them up!

Jun 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro seemed to rely on Jacks innovation, then newer units were just redesigns of older tech. Maybe a new owner can see the potential Jack saw, and work to update units to 21st century standards.

Whimpster

Jan 30, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Teknetics G2
E-Trac
Tesoro,Bandido II uMax,Silver uMax,Silver Sabre uMax
Tesoro,Eldorado small plastic box.
Compadre 8" coil ,Compadre 5.75"coil.
Tesoro Golden uMax new and old tone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think you will ever see the Tesoro name again....a possibility you will see something that will remind you of Tesoro...no one will take on the nightmare of a lifetime warrenty with that name...just saying:)

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I can say that the YouTube video of the building for sale has been taken down by the realtor.

That’s probably a good idea. The video didn’t show the property in the best light. Not professional in my opinion and they should have cleaned the premises up before listing.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
I don't think you will ever see the Tesoro name again....a possibility you will see something that will remind you of Tesoro...no one will take on the nightmare of a lifetime warrenty with that name...just saying:)

Warranty would not be a nightmare if it was honored as written. Good for the original purchaser and having filled out and returned warranty card on file.
Tesoro was too good for their own good by checking, tuning, or repairing so many machines over the years that they had no obligation to repair for free.
Anxious to see how it unfolds.

gw

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mojave1

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sharing from a FB group

From Whimster regarding Tesoro:

"I spoke with a reliable friend on Sunday...the building has been sold...building was still owned by Vince's mom...some of the equipment has been sold...as far as warranty work..if you sent your card in shortly after buying a Tesoro and your machine is in for warranty repair work..Vince is still trying to finish up the warranty work on those machines...he's behind in the repairs....this could take some time.
He will not be fixing anything else...so don't send it in..
As far as stock...Rusty bought some of the more popular detector models....pretty much gone now...the future of Vince...I'm told he is going to be teaching Math in a school 30 miles away from his hometown...."

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the update... if things are really settled, I wish Vince would post something on the Tesoro website to that effect.

Any other news about the detector technician from another company that was said to have bought some of the Tesoro stock?

-Ken

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
I would think that would be Rusty's acquisitions.. detectors, parts, etc.

g

Last edited:

Whimpster

Jan 30, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Teknetics G2
E-Trac
Tesoro,Bandido II uMax,Silver uMax,Silver Sabre uMax
Tesoro,Eldorado small plastic box.
Compadre 8" coil ,Compadre 5.75"coil.
Tesoro Golden uMax new and old tone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ken...don't think you will hear much....I'm told he's an honest man and he will do his best to repair and return the warranty detectors..
Can't say much about who bought
the equipment...guess we will have to wait and see...
Don't think any stock was bought...just some of the equipment I'm told.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
All it takes is a fresh set of eyes and a little drive

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ken...don't think you will hear much....I'm told he's an honest man and he will do his best to repair and return the warranty detectors..
Can't say much about who bought
the equipment...guess we will have to wait and see...
Don't think any stock was bought...just some of the equipment I'm told.

Thanks, Whimpster.

I'm wondering if the guy who bought the equipment is Frank Sanders. Awhile ago he was doing modifications to Tesoros and had a website called depthdevil.com. It was gone the last time I looked but I hope he's going to restart it. He was interviewed on the All Metal Mode podcast last August.

-Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions