Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Whimpster.

I'm wondering if the guy who bought the equipment is Frank Sanders. Awhile ago he was doing modifications to Tesoros and had a website called depthdevil.com. It was gone the last time I looked but I hope he's going to restart it. He was interviewed on the All Metal Mode podcast last August.

-Ken

I doubt it's Frank Sanders. Last I heard he went awol and had some guys detector sent to him for repair and he never sent it back.

Last edited:

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt it's Frank Sanders. Last I heard he went awol and had some guys detector sent to him for repair and he never sent it back.

Ouch! He seemed like a decent guy on the podcast, so I'm guessing there was an unexpected personal/family problem that derailed his plans.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had purchased a Mojave detector when they first came out, hope to use it soon in Connecticut.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sharing this from a FB group.

A friend told me, last week, that all of the Tesoro stock has been purchased by a reputable and experienced detector technician and salesperson from another major detector manufacturer. I don't want to release his name but hopefully he will revive the Tesoro brand. I don't know whether or not he purchased the building.

If you could see my face , I'd be sitting here with my hand to my mouth (in a thinking posture ) & making the sound "Hmmmmmmm????'.

GO GO TESORO !

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They may be done making detectors, but I doubt some of us will ever be done using them. Mine work too well to switch.
Going out early tomorrow for more old silver. ^_^

You know how this new generation is, "new is better"!

Suckers....lol

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
tesoro's are 'super quick" have been for years!..outrageously good
in the trash with a small coil...compadre $160.00 .."mojave" 251.10
bandido 2 u-max. silver saber u-max. all short money detectors that
have found 'tons, and "tons" over the years.simple,effective,and fun.
beware the man who hunts with "one" detector, and knows it well!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Michael G

Apr 20, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be awesome! I need parts for my Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ!

Jacodaro

Jun 23, 2021
Prescott AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is Mario in Prescott AZ and as of last week, I now have what was left of the remaining Tesoro parts stock. Everything except not one single coil. I think I know where they went. This is not the forum to sell. I will $ join so I can post my contact info in the classified section. That's where I will go into further detail so the repair people have another source and can keep these units running for years to come. I will say here that the pile is at least 15ft x 20ft and over 4ft tall. I always wanted an MD, and will soon buy a Tesoro. I'm an analog guy as I repair, restore and build tube guitar amps and home stereo. I do some solid state stuff but I'm mostly into hollow state.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is Mario in Prescott AZ and as of last week, I now have what was left of the remaining Tesoro parts stock. Everything except not one single coil. I think I know where they went. This is not the forum to sell. I will $ join so I can post my contact info in the classified section. That's where I will go into further detail so the repair people have another source and can keep these units running for years to come. I will say here that the pile is at least 15ft x 20ft and over 4ft tall. I always wanted an MD, and will soon buy a Tesoro. I'm an analog guy as I repair, restore and build tube guitar amps and home stereo. I do some solid state stuff but I'm mostly into hollow state.

Mario, please join as a charter member and you can then sell as long as you do not post a website, if you post a website advertising then you are required to be a supporting vendor, a charter member can sell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread