Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tabfinder

Jul 9, 2006
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Nocta Simplex
I just got a Vaquero.....I could use any tips on settings; methods; etc etc. Thanks folks! I really like the ease of handling; very well balanced....I just need to get the settings down......coin garden time. Anyone have a 5 dollar gold piece I could borrow...lol

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
The Vaquero is a nice machine. Runs a lot more silent than the Tejon. Sometimes you have to swing it over something metal to make sure its still working, lol.

The Tejon is much deeper than any other Tesoro for relic hunting. I have both the Vaquero and the Tejon. When the Vaquero and Cibola first came out, there were a lot of reports about how they were just as deep as the Tejon, but hundreds cheaper. Well, those people must not know how to ground balance, never used a Tejon, or are just plain off thier rocker. Maybe they just got a really poor performing machine...who knows. It is noticebly deeper on everything and picks up coins and buttons on edge well.

That said, I prefer the Vaquero over the Tejon when in sites I know is full of small iron crap, like old homesteads and barns. The Tejon can snap and crackle alot in those areas. It doesn't give false good signals, but the noise can drive you nuts trying to listen for faint deep targets. The Vaquero is really a silent machine until you hit a real target.

Don't get me wrong, the Vaquero has fine depth, but the Tejon is the King of Tesoro's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread