Tesoro verses minelab

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After alot of thought, I'm willing to trade my tesoro compadre for a minelab e-trac...or I'd settle for a safari. This is a big sacrifice on my part....but all offers will be considered. Don't miss this deal of a lifetime.only reason I'm making this incredible trade deal is because I need a back up detector. Heard minelabs are next in line to Tesoro...& I need a back up detector

Upvote 0

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DeArmitt Pa said:
Ok, normally I stay out of these debates because its not worth it. But not all Minelab owners have swelled egos. Technically that could be said of any person with an affection to any detector brand. Personally I look at this kind of stuff as childish. GROW UP!

I'll tell you I use a Minelab E-Trac. I switched from a Whites Eagle Spectrum. I use what machine works with ME best. That happenes to be the Minelab E-Trac. Everyone needs to quit whipping it out and comparing because when its comes to it, the best machine is the one YOU use. The more experiance you have on a machine the better. Learn the machine, get experiance and use it. If you wish to "upgrade" later, so be it. A "upgrade" is in the eye of the user and varies person to person.

Is Minelab a heavy machine? YES. Especially when comparing a Tesoro to a Minelab, not even the same ballpark as wieght is concerned. Oh well, use whats best for YOU not others.

I had to say somthing cause I am a Minelab dealer. But you will never hear me say Minelab only. I also sell Teknetics and Fishers. I go by what is best FOR THE CUSTOMER, NOT ME!

EVERYBODY ACT YOUR AGE!

John DeArmitt
Fort Bedford Metal Detectors

Bravo and Amen! :icon_thumleft:

You too Morgan!

Ok, I've made my point and had my fun. Hope you all got a few laughs too.

Peace and happy hunting!

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know when I posted the price comparison I was only joking and having fun, and I have to believe
that I-Candy was doing the same thing by posting such "Sweet Deal" on the forum for trade.....

But you guys must have too much time on your hands and too much seriousness in your hearts to
be fighting and arguing about all this...

I'm sure I-Candy is laughing her ASS off over what she started.....(considering what she usually posts) !! ! !! !!

And so am I !! :o :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TORRERO said:
You know when I posted the price comparison I was only joking and having fun, and I have to believe
that I-Candy was doing the same thing by posting such "Sweet Deal" on the forum for trade.....

But you guys must have too much time on your hands and too much seriousness in your hearts to
be fighting and arguing about all this...

I'm sure I-Candy is laughing her ASS off over what she started..... !! ! !! !!

And so am I !! :o :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

I know I'm laughing, haha. I posted to have some fun and some people took it to heart.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think about the MXT. A very good and stable machine. I have picked up a .22 slug at 11 1/2 inches mesured.
jmho.

illinidigger

Jun 1, 2010
Illinois-St. Louis Metro
Detector(s) used
Explorer Se Pro White's IDX pro
How many times does this topic come up in a year? Why do the same few members reply everytime. I use a Minelab and a Whites and could care less what anyone else uses. I would be happy if I owned the only Explorer in the world and everyone thought I was the village idiot! I love heavy machines with slow response times, bad service and not as deep as $400 dollar machines! Ive seen videos to prove it, they wont even give a signal on a silver coin if a nail is within 12 inches of it. I hear they dont even work in the Pacific Northwest. I swung right over a barber dime where I was getting nothing but noise and my son found it with a clear signal with his Bounty Hunter. I was plenty happy enjoying the outdoors swinging for treasure with an old whites too. Who cares? I still think I wouldnt mind getting a Vaquero for hunting fields. Give up my Minelab, not a chance, I'm a fool for life.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Just like ....Adrian...aka...iCandy......... I also am running away from this post as fast as i can........ This post went crazy :laughing9: And so am i the more i read it :icon_biggrin: :laughing9: Goodby so long to this post It's been good to know ya...........

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keppy said:
Just like ....Adrian...aka...iCandy......... I also am running away from this post as fast as i can........ This post went crazy :laughing9: And so am i the more i read it :icon_biggrin: :laughing9: Goodby so long to this post It's been good to know ya...........

LMAO! We all like what we like. And ya know what? That's perfectly fine!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
From the Tesoro Compadre to the Minelab e-Trac, now that's what I call a BIG step! When you move ahead you go all the way. ;D :thumbsup:

You'll find the e-Trac a little bit more of a challenge. But hang in there and if possible get help from someone who knows the machine.

Oh, if for some reason you discover the e isn't your cup of tea, sell it and buy a Tesoro Deleon or Tejon.

Best of luck.
Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread