Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Drove sixty miles north to Grand Junction today for an errand so compiled a list of ten parks with playgrounds that I could hit while there. Been having fun hunting the woodchipped tot lots lately. What a frustrating day, three playgrounds were astroturfed, two had summer school events at them and my agoraphobia ran me off, the four parks I hit before the last one yielded very little targets of any kind (these parks have been POUNDED) and I pulled a muscle in my back and lost my earbuds (kind of hate wearing the big muff style earphones in summertime). I was going to head home and hang the head low in defeat when I decided to go to one more park. Spied the volleyball court so decided to swing in the sand. All I have to say is "Thank you, Angelina" for wearing your sterling silver tennis bracelet to the volleyball match. Signal was weird too would not have dug it in the grass but sand will work! Thanks for looking good fortune to you all.

Attachments

• angelina.JPG
    angelina.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 144
  • court.JPG
    court.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 76
  • targets.JPG
    targets.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 85
  • jewelry.JPG
    jewelry.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Upvote 28

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drove sixty miles north to Grand Junction today for an errand so compiled a list of ten parks with playgrounds that I could hit while there. Been having fun hunting the woodchipped tot lots lately. What a frustrating day, three playgrounds were astroturfed, two had summer school events at them and my agoraphobia ran me off, the four parks I hit before the last one yielded very little targets of any kind (these parks have been POUNDED) and I pulled a muscle in my back and lost my earbuds (kind of hate wearing the big muff style earphones in summertime). I was going to head home and hang the head low in defeat when I decided to go to one more park. Spied the volleyball court so decided to swing in the sand. All I have to say is "Thank you, Angelina" for wearing your clearly marked sterling silver tennis bracelet to the volleyball match. Signal was weird too would not have dug it in the grass but sand will work! Thanks for looking good fortune to you all.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drove sixty miles north to Grand Junction today for an errand so compiled a list of ten parks with playgrounds that I could hit while there. Been having fun hunting the woodchipped tot lots lately. What a frustrating day, three playgrounds were astroturfed, two had summer school events at them and my agoraphobia ran me off, the four parks I hit before the last one yielded very little targets of any kind (these parks have been POUNDED) and I pulled a muscle in my back and lost my earbuds (kind of hate wearing the big muff style earphones in summertime). I was going to head home and hang the head low in defeat when I decided to go to one more park. Spied the volleyball court so decided to swing in the sand. All I have to say is "Thank you, Angelina" for wearing your sterling silver tennis bracelet to the volleyball match. Signal was weird too would not have dug it in the grass but sand will work! Thanks for looking good fortune to you all.
perseverance pays off, gratz on the silver

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, sticking to it, congrats!
Silver chains almost always sound like 2 or 3 pull tabs together on my machines, with jumpy VDIs. I've dug several out of the grass and it is a pain.
Btw, my buddy made a scoop out of a cheap plastic hand scoop and pvc and has been using it for years. It has the advantage of no metal, so he passes his detector over it to confirm he has the target. I'll get a pic next time I hunt with him.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go, sticking to it, congrats!
Silver chains almost always sound like 2 or 3 pull tabs together on my machines, with jumpy VDIs. I've dug several out of the grass and it is a pain.
Btw, my buddy made a scoop out of a cheap plastic hand scoop and pvc and has been using it for years. It has the advantage of no metal, so he passes his detector over it to confirm he has the target. I'll get a pic next time I hunt with him.
Cool thanks have to admit I was wondering how you carry your river viewer, a scoop, and a metal detector at the same time starts to require to many limbs lol. I'm going to try the scoop and dump method, I rigged some floaties to my all plastic classifier and when my scoop comes (ordered it from Ukraine so we'll see) I'll get my signal, scoop it until its in the scoop, then dump it in my floatie and shake it out (I can still use the carrot on the floatie, no metal). This method will work in the lakes but thinking fanning in the streams, the PVC all plastic scoop maybe a good option there so cool please do send a pic, also of your river viewer device if you dont mind

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread