Thank You to the Hawaiian Express

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Howdy! I am new to the forum. First post in fact. I am bored with bad weather just like everyone else. Cold frozen ground & snow. Untill today! THe Hawaiian Express weather system arrived in the Pacific Northwest. 6 AM it was 24 degrees & 3" snow. Noon it was 57 degrees & snow is gone. 12:30 pm I, off to a small swimging hole along the Columbia River 12 miles away. Had to share the beach with two homeless types in tents. Spent an hour & a half of stress relief. Diging in the wet sand, frozen in places, found a total of 37 coins ( nothin old ) for a total of $1.32 along with tons of trash. A few hours before, it was all coverd up. No swimmers today! It was worth it just to get out of the house & I owe it all to weather from Hawaii. I have spent hours reading all the good stuff & the tons of fertalizer in the forum. Keep it up. Spring is in the air.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Thanks. We all need something to do to keep our sanity during the weather. I've been detecting for two years. I own (built ten years ago) an RV Park (which I am in the process of selling so I can be truly retired) & it has been more demanding than my wife. Only logged about 80 to 100 hours total MDing. Started with a Whites QXT Pro then upgraded to a DFX. Have found a lot of change but oldest is a 1942 war nickel. I often take my detector out in the park to the overnight spots. Always find clad & some jewelery. Joined the GPAA also. Been to one outing. It's fun. I'm really looking forward to having unrestricted time to hunt. I love all old stuff & plan to deal some small collectables & relics on ebay in the near future. We live in NE Oregon & not a big population around here. Lots of good old sites though. Have permission to hunt so many that I'll be busy all summer if I ever finish closing this sale.

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
A fair wind is blowing. Hope you get a warm up soon. It was nice here again today so I snuck away back to the Columbia River to a little swim beach about half a mile from yesterdays. Spent two hours & found 1 quarter, 6 dimes & 11 Lincolns. Oldest was a 66 dime. A lot of spent shot gun shells as it is still duck season. It was nice to get out two days in a row even if only for a little while.

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
I watched the weather tonight, it's coming to Wisconsin, only it dipped down and will be an Alberta Clipper. This truely Sucks.

sssnake31

Dec 27, 2004
Northwest Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In NW Indiana and I don't see a warm front coming this way anytime soon. Wish the Hawiian weather was strong enough to make it here.

OP
OP
spotz

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
It was beautiful here again today. WOW! Three days in a row. I got out for an hour or so after daily obligations were met. Only found a couple of Lincolns but it is sure nice just to be out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread