THANK YOU!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iā€™m making this as a separate post rather than adding it to the ā€˜feedbackā€™ thread for the new forum, where I felt it might get ā€˜lostā€™ as that thread rapidly expands to multiple pages.

For a change as big as this, there are always going to be old things that people miss, new things that people donā€™t like, and hiccups that have yet to be ironed out. So be it, but what I see is a new site that has a cleaner feel, which loads faster, and with a more up-to-date functionality. It can only get better from there, as the glitches get resolved and the benefits of the improved functionality are realised. Iā€™m sure weā€™ll soon get used to the differences.

I know from personal experience on another forum website how much time and effort needs to go into a software change (not just a version upgrade) and the subsequent migration of old data to the new platform. Not to mention the checking that all is well before going live.

I also expect that a lot of that effort will have come from folks who donā€™t get paid for what they do, but do it willingly for the benefit of all.

I would just wish to say a big ā€˜THANK YOUā€™ to all who were involved, for a job well done with minimum disruption for the membership.

Last edited:

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for understanding! Change is never easy, but as we improve the new software and everyone figures out how to use it, I think most will enjoy the forum more than ever. šŸ™

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iā€™m making this as a separate post rather than adding it to the ā€˜feedbackā€™ thread for the new forum, where I felt it might get ā€˜lostā€™ as that thread rapidly expands to multiple pages.

For a change as big as this, there are always going to be old things that people miss, new things that people donā€™t like, and hiccups that have yet to be ironed out. So be it, but what I see is a new site that has a cleaner feel, which loads faster, and with a more up-to-date functionality. It can only get better from there, as the glitches get resolved and the benefits of the improved functionality are realised. Iā€™m sure weā€™ll soon get used to the differences.

I know from personal experience on another forum website how much time and effort needs to go into a software change (not just a version upgrade) and the subsequent migration of old data to the new platform. Not to mention the checking that all is well before going live.

I also expect that a lot of that effort will have come from folks who donā€™t get paid for what they do, but do it willingly for the benefit of all.

I would just wish to say a big ā€˜THANK YOUā€™ to all who were involved, for a job well done with minimum disruption for the membership.

Thank you! We appreciate the positive feedback and this change-over has been MONTHS in the making. None of it would be possible without the efforts of the moderation team who volunteer so much time on the site. Thank you, it's positive feedback like this that makes the grind worthwhile!

šŸ™ŒšŸ™ŒšŸŽ‰šŸŽˆ

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the kind words @Red-Coat šŸ» This has been a huge team effort and a few months of planning. It's exciting to see the new site finally go live!

Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
An old radio shack, simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. Also love the new pics. On mobil, it used to be when you clicked on it to blow it up and tried to zoom in on a specific place it would just go into the corner. Doesnā€™t do that now. The pics also look better! Thanks for all the hard work by the admins!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to start a new thread but found Red-Coat's thread :icon_thumright:.

I want to publicly thank the Admins as well, I know change is hard but the new site was badly needed, there were many issues members did not see as much as mods did and the new site makes our job as mods so much easier. Mods do not have to wait for Admins to respond to name change requests, we can now do it which speeds up members requests. We can respond to member issues quicker such as charter membership.

Members are going to disagree and now when you choose to ignore a member you are also ignoring any quote of their posts.

Members can now send pictures in conversations (PMs) before we had to host picture then attach a link to picture.

Site is so much faster now, pictures are better, site runs much better on smart devices than old site.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions