Thanks for having me!

Troy Jones

May 7, 2022
My name is Troy, I’m 55, born and raised in the Northern Black Hills of South Dakota. I’m from ranching background, family homesteaded the ranch north east of Sturgis in the 1880s. My great grandpa actually came out earlier as a surveyor’s helper as a teen, surveying the southern boundary of the Indian trust lands of the Black Hills set up in the 68 Laramie treaty. Loved the country and came back to Deadwood with the 76 gold rush. Setting up a saddle and tack shop with a partner. My great grandma is buried a stones throw from wild Bill and Calamity Jane on mt Moriah. Have a great uncle that worked on Mt Rushmore. Always color to be found when panning the Northern Hills, just getting started in Metal detecting, have piles of family and friends that ranch, so spend a lot of time out hunting shed antler, agates, fossils, crystals, just all kinds of rocks, digging in old homestead dumps. Always dragging home plenty of treasures. I’d be glad to give a hand to those headed this way to at least get them pointed in the right direction. I’ve always been big on our local history since my family is such a big part of it, know the Hills very well and the Northern Hills extremely well. There’s absolutely no better place to find such an amazing variety of natures treasures!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: South Dakota for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state. Also, loved hearing about your family history!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is Troy, I’m 55, born and raised in the Northern Black Hills of South Dakota. I’m from ranching background, family homesteaded the ranch north east of Sturgis in the 1880s. My great grandpa actually came out earlier as a surveyor’s helper as a teen, surveying the southern boundary of the Indian trust lands of the Black Hills set up in the 68 Laramie treaty. Loved the country and came back to Deadwood with the 76 gold rush. Setting up a saddle and tack shop with a partner. My great grandma is buried a stones throw from wild Bill and Calamity Jane on mt Moriah. Have a great uncle that worked on Mt Rushmore. Always color to be found when panning the Northern Hills, just getting started in Metal detecting, have piles of family and friends that ranch, so spend a lot of time out hunting shed antler, agates, fossils, crystals, just all kinds of rocks, digging in old homestead dumps. Always dragging home plenty of treasures. I’d be glad to give a hand to those headed this way to at least get them pointed in the right direction. I’ve always been big on our local history since my family is such a big part of it, know the Hills very well and the Northern Hills extremely well. There’s absolutely no better place to find such an amazing variety of natures treasures!
Nice Intro WELCOME to Tnet !1!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome aboard!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! Been to the area and visited the graves you have mentioned. Beautiful area!

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from nj

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread