Thanksgiving morning park hunt. Gold and Silver!

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to spend the morning hunting a large local park. The weather was beautiful and a fellow had posted a lost ad with a reward for someone to find his gold wedding ring that he lost in this park.

I showed up at the crack of dawn and immediately saw someone else with a detector in the park. This was rather cool, as I have yet to run into someone else detecting in my 8 months in this hobby. It was an older gentleman who was using a Whites DXF. He had been hitting this same park for several weeks, looking for the same lost ring that I had come to (attempt) to find. We had a nice conversation about detecting and this park, before parting ways to our own areas to hunt.

This park is clad and soda-can-tab heaven! Being a newer park that is often used for concerts and other events, everything is very shallow, with the deepest object being around 3 inches (a dime). I was finding the usual clad coins, many being on top of the ground, when I get a signal of 67 on my AT Pro. Upon probing the ground, I notice the end of a chain looking object. It ended up being a silver bracelet, stamped 925 and Italy.

A short while later, I detected something that was reading a solid 47. Just below the surface was a ring. I immediately thought that I had found the missing wedding ring, but this one was a woman's ring and only 10k. This was my first gold object ever found, so I was pretty excited! Definitely a memorable day.

ring2.jpg ring3.jpg ring4.jpg ringfinds.jpg

Upvote 2

shedseeker

Oct 28, 2012
ny
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster GT , Garrett ace 250 , Garrett AT PRO
Garrett AT pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome.... great job !!!!!

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
Portland, Oregon/ I travel
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
V3i xlt dfx gmt mxt f75 Exp SE ace 150 Umax etrac goldmaster coinmaster Cz-5 Cz-3D Goldengate 3D BH 300 ctx 3030 jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find.

Keep it up...you will find more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions