THAT SPECIAL CAR

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first car was a 1965 Mustang convertible Rally Pack with a 289HO 4 speed Muncie. It was my dads police car. He ordered it from the factory with the HO 289. My favorite car was my 1970 Mustang Mach I. I bought it for $1000 and restored it.

This is how it looked when I bought it.
70mach.jpg

This is how it looked after I restored it back to original.
70mach1.jpg

One of the car shows
must15.jpg

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
a '69 El Camino with a 400 small block and a power glide transmission, wasn't the fastest thing by any means but i had a lot of fun with that car (tickets too)

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
1973 Gran Torino was my first and favorite car. It had a 351 Cleveland and the needle went well past the 120mph mark where my speedometer stopped. I paid $250 for it in 1986 and traded it a couple years later for a 2 door '79 Thunderbird (I miss that car too :sad1:). I also had a '64 ford F100 with a straight 6 in it and a '72 Chevy pick up with a big 350. I might try to replace them someday but for now they are just fond memories.

HH Charlie

deap digger

Greenie
Jul 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
1942 chevy truck that was the best vehicle I had. bought it in 52 and it lasted until 1974 before I got rid of it for a smaller car when gas went up.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
deap digger said:
1942 chevy truck that was the best vehicle I had. bought it in 52 and it lasted until 1974 before I got rid of it for a smaller car when gas went up.

I'd kill for a 42' Chevy pickup...........I'd beat someone up real bad for a 52'. My Pop had an old, beat up 51' GMC, we hunted in that thing, cut & hauled 6-8 cords of firewood every year in it, he drove it to work every day. I asked him about it just before he passed away, he said he sold it in 1977 for $150 & it still ran. Love to have that thing to restore. :(

S

Smee

Can't pick just one . . . My first car was a 1965 Mustang ;D

My favorite though is a tossup between my 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner (Petty Blue, 383 Magnum . . . Zoooom!) and my 1969 GTX
(Psychedelic custom paint job, 440 Magnum . . . invented Zoom Zoom!) which were basically the same car other than the engine and paint jobs. Flat out FAST!

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had a car always been a truck guy. I think the only one I miss is my 98 nissan frontier, nice little truck. But I was young living at home with money and tires to burn. Didnt take very good care of that one traded it in like a fool. Wish I had it back brand new right off the lot.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Speak of the British, and they will appear! They made some nice equipment except for the electrical systems. The brass parts always corroded, you know like the contacts in the distributor plugs, etc.
Well I enjoyed my MGA roaster,XK150 Jag drop head coupe{convert.},TR3 IRS, let me slip in some bikes,- BSA 441 victor, Triumph trident, The old Norton I brought back to life-maybe that was German. I really wanted my friends BMW but I think they will bury him on it, Ops German again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread