The batteries are pulled, the console and coil have been wiped down,……..

Jamie Rullestad

Dec 3, 2020
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
…..and 2021 is a wrap for me.

I tried to detect in the field cross from my acreage today, and as I attempted to bear down on my digging spade, I got that spine jarring, “NOPE!” from the soil below.

It’s freeze up time in the upper Midwest, so it’s time to hit the library and local historical museums for next years targets.

I‘m a newbie, and I’ve learned a ton this year.

Thanks, fellas. Merry Christmas!

Upvote 5

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right there with you Jamie, detecting is done until Spring! Like the idea of doing research now.
Years ago, I was looking at microfilm of old newspapers and found an article about a boy scout troop that had an outing in the winter to go sliding or sledding on a popular hill and one of the scouts had broken his arm. I got permission to detect there and found a ton of silver.

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we have four feet of "global Warming" putting its anual damper on metal dectecting till spring(?) maybe. PLENTY more forecasted

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here we have four feet of "global Warming" putting its anual damper on metal dectecting till spring(?) maybe. PLENTY more forecasted
Where I live every year increases in the days over 110f. What would be hard for me to believe is Billions of people polluting the air and water would have zero effect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread