THE BEST FLEA IN FLORIDA - WEBSTER FLEA MARKET LABOR DAY - Whats your favorite Flea ?

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrgggg... looks like its gonna rain.

Venders will still be there.... sometimes this means better deals.

It was still pretty good.

Didn't rain on site until after about 10:30, but was overcast and tolerably cool most of the morning. I got a very early, hanging, tavern pipe holder that was listed as a "match safe" for $30...it was marked $42.

There was a super nice, original Chippendale mirror for $750....not sure what it was worth, but most certainly more up at a New England show....

Lots of non regulars in the covered area as well...just mixed in with the regulars, and don't forget the outside area behind the covered buildings.

The "East Side" flea and farmers market is nothing but junk, and it will make you want to slit your wrists just walking around there...One time a few years back was more than enough for me...I would advise anyone that goes there to take a suicide hotline advisor with you to be on the safe side...

The Auto Swap at the Sumter County Fairgrounds, 2 miles north of the Westside Flea Market, is held on the first Sunday of the month, except for the hottest months of the summer. It is mostly car stuff (which is the main reason I go), but there are lots of vendors with antiques and guns and such, especially in the winter when the other antique swaps are going on.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fleamasters..in Ft. Myers.

The WORST flea market in FL, if not America.

If you need socks, weaves, drug paraphanalia, black velvet art, silks, incense, masking tape, and pipe cleaners...this is the place for you.
Last time I went there I actually found a couple good deals from one seller. A Native American sterling silver and turquoise, coral ring and belt buckle. I sold the buckle and made $25 plus kept the ring. Still got it.

I haven't found anything super special as far as flea markets go yet in this state (haven't been to Webster's yet). I have been to Renninger's Mt. Dora before during one of it's special events. Another place is Arcadia, Fl. They have antique and collectible fairs there all the time. Found a thing or two at all of them but nothing spectacular. The Swap Shop down here sucks unless you get there at 5 am on Thursdays when they have free seller spaces and you buy from the newbies as they are setting up before most of the general public gets there. I haven't done that in a while though.

I will definitely go to Webster's now that it has been mentioned. I'd like to go before Christmas. Any good dates before then since I missed labor day?

Baja

Sep 9, 2015
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll -
Minelab CTX-3030 -
White's Spectra V3i -
w/ Sun Ray DX-1 probe -
Fisher F75 ProArc -
w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, The biggest flea market that I have ever seen is the city of Quartsite AZ, yes the city turns into a flea market for the month of January.
There is even a 3 ring size circus tent set up there with 3 consecutive shows, rockhound, muscle car,and RV. Almost every building turns flea.
You can buy anything there!! I have purchased laser beam splitting cubes and a beach buggy there plus many other items. That should be on every one's bucket list! Frank View attachment 1207064

I hit the Quartzite swap every year. it runs in January and February and as Frankn said, the entire city turns into a flea market. Its only a couple hour drive from Phoenix and I always find some great items.

aerial12_980_300sm.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions