tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This year I found in the places we all hunt many good things. This find isn't my favorite or even my best find for the year, but it is the most unique I would say. Found in a flea market. I was strolling past a shelf that at a wide angle look was a bunch a crud. As I was walking past that crud an image of a gold coin started flashing in my brain. What the heck did I just walk past I said and I even took steps backwards and saw the most amazing Bolo Tie. It was what was hanging on the ends of each rope that made me say Heck YA! $4.95 for every Bolo Tie hanging on the hook. I like this one allot so I bought it. Two Mexican 1945 (but really minted in 1972 I think) DOS PASOS 1.66 grams each and the mounting bezels are even 14K solid gold. I may have them turned in to earrings? They could bring more like that??

Attachments

• Bolo Tie 1.jpg
    Bolo Tie 1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 200
  • Bolo Tie 2.jpg
    Bolo Tie 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 227

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
just think of how many people have walked past that and never saw what was in front of them.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great score! 2-2 peso gold pieces mounted in 14k bezels for 5 bucks, Right on! did the seller think they were fake or what?.......Scott.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great score! 2-2 peso gold pieces mounted in 14k bezels for 5 bucks, Right on! did the seller think they were fake or what?.......Scott.
When I cashed out with them the guy held the two coins in the palm of his hand and just stared at them. I quickly said, don't you think that's just the coolest looking cabochon stone you've ever seen. He then focused on the stone and said, yeah it looks kind of neat and then continued to check me out. I sweat a few bullets getting out with that one.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I cashed out with them the guy held the two coins in the palm of his hand and just stared at them. I quickly said, don't you think that's just the coolest looking cabochon stone you've ever seen. He then focused on the stone and said, yeah it looks kind of neat and then continued to check me out. I sweat a few bullets getting out with that one.

Played a little misdirection on him, well done. Getting him to think about anything other than the gold was a well played move!

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Played a little misdirection on him, well done. Getting him to think about anything other than the gold was a well played move!
I agree! But.........didn't we talk about something similar on another thread where it was called something else! LOL! Great find! I would take the coins out of the bezels, add them to my collection and put the bezels in the scrap pile.........Good luck!........Scott.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree! But.........didn't we talk about something similar on another thread where it was called something else! LOL! Great find! I would take the coins out of the bezels, add them to my collection and put the bezels in the scrap pile.........Good luck!........Scott.

Wow!!! Thanks for posting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions