OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
And with what device do you look for treasures?

Welcome to T-net TomBeart! There are many different kinds of devices, which is why our mutual amigo HillbillyPrince asked what sort of treasure you wish to hunt.

That said, you can start with just your eyes, and the basic prospecting equipment of a pick, pan and shovel won't break your budget. It really depends on how badly you are infected with Gold Fever.

:coffee2: Coffee?

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome TomBeart,

As the others have said, it helps to know what kind of treasure hunting you want to do. I could say that you need a Ground Penetrating Radar Setup. You might then go and spend $50,000 on a decent GPR. Then you find it doesn't work so well hunting coins at the beach...........and you spent a bit more than you needed for the proper equipment.

You could also spend next to nothing...a good pair of hiking boots, quality binoculars, quality digital camera, and good researching skills.

............and contrary to some of what you see here on TNet; Google Earth is worthless for exploration. If you find something interesting on the ground, then you can follow that up with GE examinations. GE is good for finding old trails, old house foundations, and the like. Don't think you will ever find a lost mine or buried treasure using it.

Mike

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollems I have asways said that Google Earth can be a very useful tool, only that it was useless for finding Tayopa.

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose, I was driving through town last week, and met a car with a large, multi-lensed camera, mounted on the roof.
It had “GOOGLE EARTH “ painted on the sides and back of the car.

They were recording the street level view as I met them.
I think that I might be able to find my truck, coming and going when they update the new data.

That alone, should account for something!!

[emoji23] Hahaha!!!

#/;0{>~

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy new year amigos.

May 2021 bring health wealth and happiness.

Crow

Hola Amigos happy new year.

And Happy new year raggedy old Crow and to your better half and little pirate.

Kanacki

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is one for the new year .. we all assume the name was as it was , but we forgot the stupid ass that translated the treasure trove letter .. the letter was coded and when he translated it he translated in code and that made it read the way it dose now . not correct ... we wanted to look for what it said his last name was a surname . but his last name was not Retana ,that's where he is from ..the guy that translated also can not read it i guess its not Maria it should have been ( father Martin Ignacio from Retina Spain ) de or from Retana (Retina ) which is in fact a area in Spain... and yes he could have been in the area at the time but he died soon after the bells were cast he had gone back died a few years after that's why it is so hard to find him ...what this means is the translator that translated this letter sucks ! and that any wanting to use this translation should remember what the source is and who translated it ...and there most likely are other mistakes in that translation ...this also tells us the translator had no idea he was making those mistakes that should tell us his source was real ...he added to the data but he was translating it from a real source even if the source is real or not ..yes i know where the treasure is ... and why .. its not about treasure .. its who it for .. it was for Jesus when he returns ..the Templar started it in 1304 .. the Jesuit kept it going and the Spanish just tried to steal it if they could have found it .. but it was still there in 1959 .. and most likely still is . i know where but its not on my list of things to do ...i got bigger fish in mind ...lol :Two silver chalices and twelve gold communion plates. the last supper ? why did i say 1959 .. good question . because a man broke his leg in the supers and was found and told about what he had seen , a life size statue of a priest made of gold plate filled with gold dust . now that is one hell of story but i guess the man dose know Jesus because some Templar in the late 1200's or early 1300's . had a life size statue of Jesus made of gold plate and was very heavy and thats funny it vanished in Utah ,, guess where it is now ... smile if you like the new year ...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread