Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...I'm not sure I really had a bucket list to begin with, however, I have been looking for cool stuff in the dirt since I was 8 years old.

Thta was a very, very long time ago. Looking back, it's been a very good run. Looking forward, I see my detecting days becoming fewer and fewer. This retirement fixed income thing isn't so great, and my little 'ole legs aren't up to the task anymore.

So...the bucket list was as follows and has been completed in one year or another.

US Gold $1 and $5 gold coin
British 1774 Gold Coin from a shipwreck
Spanish Gold 2 escudo gold coin, 18th century
Rev War belt plate
War of 1812 belt plate
Confederate marked buckles
Union marked buckles and plates
Snake buckles
Capped bust dime and half dime
Seated dime, quarter and half
Trime (3 cent US silver)
Virginia halfpenny (1773)
Georgius Innovenio coin
Elizabeth I shilling (silver)
James I groat
Charles II coin
William and Mary halfpenny
William and Mary farthing
Coins from the 3rd, 6th, 14th, 15, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries! All in the USA!
Cannonballs, cannon, grapeshot, shrapnel
Diamond rings
Gold rings
Silver rings
Silver antique flatware
Revolutionary War musket balls
American, French and British Rev War Buttons
War of 1812 Musket balls
Civil War musket balls
Natural diamond from Arkansas (3) tiny ones
Intact bottles from 18th and 19th centuries
Buttons from 16th through 20th centuries
All kinds of American Indian artifacts
(I did not list 20th century coins, which I don't dig many of as I don't go to those sites.)

Never found a pre 1850 US Gold, but they are near impossible to find. I also would have liked a pre 1800 silver coin, but again, they are almost impossible to find. And a Massachusetts Pine tree Shilling would have been nice.

So...as I wind down, I hate to admit I had to sell some of the above, and that was dug over several decades. Some was given away. Sometimes something one of my kids broke and guess who fixed it.

Lots of fun...

Upvote 28

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All together you have a real Treasure! Those are some awesome finds.:occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a true treasure hunter and have inspired me many times you've worked hard for all those finds and are an asset to tnet and the hobby Well done my good friend. I have about 15 buckets most are still empty lol but I love this hobby and all the great relics and cool finds that pop out of the ground..Great post. Smokey

EdHartzel

Jun 12, 2018
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett GTI 2500, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smokey! What a list!!! Every one of those is a find of a lifetime!!! Congratulations on such accomplishment! In my short time doing this and in this community- you have knowingly or not- inspired me, taught me AND maybe the hardest yet- gone out of your way to be kind to me. Thank you. Heres to many more!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words. Over the years I have sold a lot of stuff, mainly to help my children, I have a son in law who can't work, so...I help. Frankly, I have a very small collection today. I donated a lot of stuff to museums over the years with the last big donation a set of Miocene whale vertebrae I found after hurricane Irene. Still going out, just not as often. Plus I got a small boat this year. (Let's see how long that lasts!)

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible Smokey! All you have left to do is write the book! It will be a best seller!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have three books in print and a new job! Part time! Should be fun. I'll let all of you know about it soon as it has to do with history, sites and all.

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s one hell of a list... and one that shows a life of enjoyment creating it. Well done

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might not have the objects but you have the memories which are PRICELESS!!!!!! Hell of a run CAT, Hell of a run......

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, and now I get to test a brand new kind of detector. In hunted out spots. It's going to get "funner".

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are an incredible treasure hunter.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smokey , the real treasure is YOU , you belong on the banner for being the most interesting person on treasurenet let me be the first to nominate you....HAPPY NEW YEAR..

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell my cats I'm beyond goofy - but what I post is all true. Guess guilty as charged. Trying to still get out one more time this year too.

Scrambles the Wonder Chicken says she feels better. Buttercup, the smaller one is feeling better too. They are buff orphingtons. Big Red, the Rhode Island Red didn't get hurt. (From the fox attack saturday.)

They had a feast yesterday. They say hi and give us food!

Last edited:

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an amazing, impressive and extensive list there! I think my bucket will never be full so I keep the list small. What I find I find! Haha! If only one could quantify the excitement of finding it all! We can look at the list and only imagine!!!! Congrats and as always thanks for sharing all the great stuff. Probably a crazy ask but can we see some pictures of your top / most favorite stuff to go with the post?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but it will take awhile. Going to dump more quarters in a bit. Found some nice errors in the last batch. Some stuff is gone, but not the best. (with three exceptions.)

jdsly

Mar 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a list of finds smokey. Best of luck to you. I’ve always enjoyed reading your posts. I’ve reached my 30 years working for the VA. Next up is retirement

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Smokey, it seems that your Bucket runneth over. Those were and are some stellar finds and saves for sure. Very Well Done. I have always enjoyed reading your posts. You are a true relic and treasure hunter.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I have been doing this a long, long time. All the trash and scrap metal is gone. A lot of stuff I gave to me daughters.

Check my threads for pictures. Right now they are scattered all over the computer's hard drive.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest: