The Case of the Mysterious Buried Car Cache...

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
This would be a lot better if the car was an old car and the burial took place in the 1940s and had a film noir vibe to it, but it's still interesting. Landscapers in Atherton, CA were digging up a yard for a project when they came upon a car, buried about 4'-5' down. The owners contacted the heat, they ended up bringing out the crime scene people, and cadaver dogs hit on possible human remains. The car is supposedly a Mercedes, and the previous owner of the property is said to have a colorful crime history. Even though it's kind of recent, it still makes me want to put on a brim hat, walk into a dive bar and pound a few glasses of rye with a grim look on my face while lighting up cigarettes with cheap, barroom matches. And I don't even smoke. It helps if you read this article with a cynical, jaded narrator voice in your head. If you click the sentence next to the "Update" at the top of the article you can read another article about the previous owner:

Atherton police investigating decades-old buried car found in yard of $15 million home

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread