The charter member on here called FAT BEWARE !!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going toi tell you about my experience with The user on here called FAT . I met him on here about November 2020 . We became friends . he invited me to come out to nebraska and detect witgh him. he did not have a decent detector. The first part of December 2021 Fat told me he would like to get a different detector but could not afford one till the first of January . Now mind you we have talked on the phone quite a bit. I told him i would sell him a LIKE NEW Nokta Simplex with wireless head phones , A garrett Carrot. for $400 he told me he would like that but could not pay me till the first part of january I shipped it to him and shipping was $31 . I had bought the Simplex Plus for my wife she tried it one time and did not wanty to detect. It was not a beat up machine it was like new. On January 5th I needed OPEN HEART SURGERY Tripple BYPASS. I did not know i was going to need this when i sent him the detector and pinpointer. I came through my surgery ok and was waiting for Fat to send me my money. In March my hospital bills started coming in. I contacted Fat telling him I could sure use the money he owed me to help pay for some of my Bills. My expenses at theat time was almost $4,000 out of $95,000 expenses. he told me he would send me my money. He now does not respond to my texts or calls . he is NOT SICK OR INJURED !!! Treasurenet moderators know of this action he has done to me . You can ask anyone on here that has done business with me how trusting i am. NOT ANY MORE!!! People have sent me over a thousand dollars for a item and i would send the item to them when they told me the money was in the mail. SORRY to SAY FOLKS NOT ANY MORE !!!. Anyone on that has done business with me will vouch for my honesty. WHEN IT COMES to the FAT person DO NOT TRUST HIM !!

Sorry for venting I just think BAD DEALINGs on here should be told

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know he is not sick or worse ?
You sure he doesn't have Covid or something ?

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On January 5th I needed OPEN HEART SURGERY Tripple BYPASS. I did not know i was going to need this when i sent him the detector and pinpointer. I came through my surgery ok and was waiting for Fat to send me my money. In March my hospital bills started coming in. I contacted Fat telling him I could sure use the money he owed me to help pay for some of my Bills. My expenses at theat time was almost $4,000 out of $95,000 expenses. he told me he would send me my money. He now does not respond to my texts or calls . he is NOT SICK OR INJURED !!!
hmmm sorry to hear Gare. The days of trusting people in transactions are long over. In God we trust - all others must pay cash. There's just so many scammers out there today on Net. I hope you get your money back. Maybe you will, no idea. Glad you are feeling much better. I'm very skeptical that you'll ever see a dime on this. Just the world we live in now. Learn the lesson, never repeat.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know he is not sick or worse ?
You sure he doesn't have Covid or something ?
I AM VERY POSITIVE !!! HE IS NOT SICK OR INJURED !!!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm sorry to hear Gare. The days of trusting people in transactions are long over. In God we trust - all others must pay cash. There's just so many scammers out there today on Net. I hope you get your money back. Maybe you will, no idea. Glad you are feeling much better. I'm very skeptical that you'll ever see a dime on this. Just the world we live in now. Learn the lesson, never repeat.
Ocen7 THANK you very much for your kind words and thoughts. I did not post this for sympathy just to prevent others from being taken in !!

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I AM VERY POSITIVE !!! HE IS NOT SICK OR INJURED !!!
he has two posts on here - both on Oct 2, 2021! Highly suspect in my book.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gare, that stinks. But not everyone is like that. Remember when you sent me the trail cam, and I couldn't get the mountain lion to pose for it and sent it back to you?

I have ceased selling everything now. I sold off my collection (over the last 10 years) except for some miscellaneous stuff I dug myself and books and some bottles and the rest is gone. I gave a lot to my daughters and sold a little to dealers. You don't get as much, but its quick and easy. I suppose when you get down to it I have ceased collecting everything, except what I find myself.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gare, that stinks. But not everyone is like that. Remember when you sent me the trail cam, and I couldn't get the mountain lion to pose for it and sent it back to you?

I have ceased selling everything now. I sold off my collection (over the last 10 years) except for some miscellaneous stuff I dug myself and books and some bottles and the rest is gone. I gave a lot to my daughters and sold a little to dealers. You don't get as much, but its quick and easy. I suppose when you get down to it I have ceased collecting everything, except what I find myself.
Smokey this deal REALLY HURT ME and to think of the STRESS i have been going through with my heart condition. I do not need this stress and this SHOWS ALL WhAT KIND of a PERsON he is :(

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assuming I searched the correct member, Fat last showed activity on 2/19/22.

I am sorry that this happened to you, Gare.

Do you have any records (shipping, etc..) that could possibly be used to help recover the money owed you, or your equipment?

If you shipped via USPS, is it possible that you could open a potential mail fraud case?

If you have the serial numbers, it might be a good idea to report them as stolen.

You might want to contact the Sherriff's office (where Fat lives) and report the details to them. I have no idea if they can help, but it seems possible.

Save any emails between the two of you. Save your phone records as well (showing contact between the two of you).

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assuming I searched the correct member, Fat last showed activity on 2/19/22.

I am sorry that this happened to you, Gare.

Do you have any records (shipping, etc..) that could possibly be used to help recover the money owed you, or your equipment?

If you shipped via USPS, is it possible that you could open a potential mail fraud case?

If you have the serial numbers, it might be a good idea to report them as stolen.

You might want to contact the Sherriff's office (where Fat lives) and report the details to them. I have no idea if they can help, but it seems possible.

Save any emails between the two of you. Save your phone records as well (showing contact between the two of you).
Great POINTS thanks I have thought of some of what you posted i have a few others
Thanks for your concerns

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as i am concerned the worst people on this earth are LIARS !!! What would you do if you were having heart ISSUES and someone pulls this CRAP on you :(

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not "loan" stuff to people. Sometimes I'll give stuff away, but...the world sure isn't the same it was not that long ago.
I used to loan a lot of stuff to people. This is curing me of being so nice !! SAD but it is happening.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread