The dead trees from the bushfires are being pulled up and i found a Real treasur

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, Been a few months since the fires and the local shire have been removing all the hazards and dead trees from around the area. Huge clean up everywhere.This was a chance that i was not going to let go.

The old mine sites are crown or public land so there no issues with digging. here other than you fill you holes.So i headed up to the first place i noticed where the trees had been cleaned up.

A lot of rubbish been dumped in these old mine sites over the past 100 years and the ash from the fires has turned to a black mud from recent heavy rain.Wondered around for a few hours and my boots felt like i was dragging a elephant on each foot. 4 inches of ash clay mud.I noticed a pile of old 20 gallon tomatoe tins and heep of other rubbish. Yes then the rain started again but i had started so kept going.

After a couple of hours i wet and cold and just about go home ,in corner of my i noticed a flash of bottle glass.I picked up a whole non chip or cracked blue bottle.The bottle turned out to be Bendigo chemist bottle.Jumped on the cell-phone and rang a bottle digger i know. Eric ided on the spot and his words."You have to be joking" Thats worth about $1000.My rely was "Your having me on" Well i would take his judgement on it but i will seek a second opinion.

Next piece of tin i removed had a strange lead coated bucket with a oil can thingy in it.Glad i keep it as turned out to a near complete Cornish miners bucket lamp.No positive with coating being lead paint or a cold gal paint.???? find more when i get time.

Big thanks to persons who threw all that tin over the top of these relics.Protected them well from the elements and grounds.I also found a 5 inch lead battleship toy and pink friut saline bottle 1900[common]

There was also another crushed bucket part of another lamp but i quite happy too leave that for some-one else lol.

tinpan

Attachments

• ROT01536.JPG
    ROT01536.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 2,396
  • S7300537.JPG
    S7300537.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 2,394
  • S7300534.JPG
    S7300534.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 2,388
  • S7300535.JPG
    S7300535.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,383
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
site pic

Attachments

• S7300538.JPG
    S7300538.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 2,379
  • S7300539.JPG
    S7300539.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 2,372
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank for the replies,Just took me about 20 years to find one chemist bottle of this type.Don,t think i will ever find another, near every bottle i find is broken and few are whole. Once buried in the clay theres not much chance as when the weather is hot the clay shinks and went wet the clay expands but poor old glass doesnot.So the most whole bottles i find are usual in mud of river or a old trash pit that has better soil made by other decomposed matter.odds of finding a good bottle is right in ground conditions or nothing.

tinpan

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Re: The dead trees from the bushfires are being pulled up and i found a Real tre

Awesome bottle!!

slak jak

Mar 13, 2008
melbourne australia
Detector(s) used
whites pi 1000 x2. quatro , ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey, tinpan ,that bottle is exceptional, it s good to see you doing so well.
@ the bucket is in great condition for so old , but you have to earn it @you do going out in the slush @ rain , dont come easy .
wish you good luck @ h h . jack.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure is a nice bottle and Great pictures too!

HH,Ringfinder

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome, awesome bottle!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful bottle ~ a real treasure, Tinny :icon_thumright: Betcha you did the happy dance on that find. ;D

:wink: RR

HappyDance3k.gif

hidin

May 19, 2007
Bailey, Colorado
Oh wow! Those are the kinds of finds that keep me searching my local mining camps. And seeing as I'm the descendant of some Cornish miners myself, I'm drooling over that bucket lamp.
Congrats!

jimbob450

Feb 26, 2008
spokane,wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic I.D.
Hello, That bottle is fantastic. I really enjoy your
posts so keep them coming and hope you hit the big
gold. Be careful. Jimbob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions