The fever is REAL ...!

Sean Au.

May 1, 2022
ALOHA ALL . New to the site and happy to find what looks to be a great community of Treasure Hunters.

I recently found a nice placer Deposit in Northern CA near trinity and have been addicted since. My first time panning with knowledge of where to look and what to look for. Got some nice flakes and smaller pieces. About a gram. Found some decent flakes on the Merced river and some smaller specs on the kern river. Unfortunately , I live in North County San Diego. I have been diving into research about the area Julian / Temecula etc. I know there is gold to be found. Does anyone have any local knowledge that may help. Not asking for your honey holes but just a little guidance on gold bearing areas that could be worth panning etc. Also has anyone heard of placer in he Temecula River or Santa Margarita river?

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated! Happy Hunting!

(Pic is from the Trinity River..... about a gram of gold found in bedrock hole)

Sean

Attachments

• tempImageHDBnDd.png
    tempImageHDBnDd.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
Upvote 9

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ALOHA ALL . New to the site and happy to find what looks to be a great community of Treasure Hunters.

I recently found a nice placer Deposit in Northern CA near trinity and have been addicted since. My first time panning with knowledge of where to look and what to look for. Got some nice flakes and smaller pieces. About a gram. Found some decent flakes on the Merced river and some smaller specs on the kern river. Unfortunately , I live in North County San Diego. I have been diving into research about the area Julian / Temecula etc. I know there is gold to be found. Does anyone have any local knowledge that may help. Not asking for your honey holes but just a little guidance on gold bearing areas that could be worth panning etc. Also has anyone heard of placer in he Temecula River or Santa Margarita river?

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated! Happy Hunting!

(Pic is from the Trinity River..... about a gram of gold found in bedrock hole)

Sean
The best way to find gold is look in areas where it has been found. The absolute best research resource is the website "mylandmatters". Google it, learn how to use it and look for areas to search for gold all over the western states. Search near but not on existing claims.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
Sean Au.

Sean Au.

May 1, 2022
The best way to find gold is look in areas where it has been found. The absolute best research resource is the website "mylandmatters". Google it, learn how to use it and look for areas to search for gold all over the western states. Search near but not on existing claims.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the resource. I have some other claim maps that get updated as well. Don't wanna be a claim jumper lol.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You had beginners luck, I have seen it before, it could be curse, if you are interested in mining then your journey has just started. Forget what happened and focus on learning how to mine. We are here if you need help.

OP
OP
Sean Au.

Sean Au.

May 1, 2022
You had beginners luck, I have seen it before, it could be curse, if you are interested in mining then your journey has just started. Forget what happened and focus on learning how to mine. We are here if you need help.
Thats the plan, gold prospecting is like fishing. You can have all the knowledge but it still requires a bit of luck to get that big bite. I have 3 prospecting trips Behind me and all 3 I came back with gold. Cant forget what happened, it was too shiny ...! LOL.

Akronplacer

Jan 3, 2022
I fell ass backwards into the best gold ground in my state. It keeps giving but less and less each year. Someday it will all be gone.... hopefully.

OP
OP
Sean Au.

Sean Au.

May 1, 2022
I fell ass backwards into the best gold ground in my state. It keeps giving but less and less each year. Someday it will all be gone.... hopefully.
There is still so much gold to be found, just gotta go deeper , move some big rocks, etc. The hunt is the real treasure, gold is just a shiny addition.

Akronplacer

Jan 3, 2022
Sometimes going higher is better than going deeper, there is so much gold deposited in the higher benches on a river .
Yeah....I have been thinking of trying a bit of loaming over the summer. There is a lower bench that might have good gold but they built a road on the upper bench

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread