Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda off topic but my Amazon deliveries lately never get here in less than 2 days, three or more days lots of times. I have been using Amazon for years. Amazon prices are higher lots of times.

You said, "$20 wasnā€™t going to make or break me." Isn't it more like $30 this time?" I'd have to wait and save thirty for a day to two if it was me. Just sayin.

Just curious though. Did you actually get the F-Pulse delivered in a 24 hours? I just paid a $150 membership with Amazon this year, highest I ever paid. The shipping times have slipped a lot though.

Relax friend I paid $146 and some change. I was mistaken and posted the wrong amount in my initial post. If I posted a receipt would ya feel better šŸ¤ .
Hey, by the way your talking to a guy who saves aluminum pull tabs in the field and any other non ferrous metals. Add plastic bottles, aluminum cans to trade in at years endā€¦. Iā€˜m the definition of cheap šŸ˜† and I know the value of the green backs (or lack there of, fiat).

Amazon isnā€˜t what it use to be. Your right off topic. Lets move on šŸ‘

Last edited:
OP
OP
goldhat

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the initial release of the F-Pulse the spring was too weak and batteries had a tendency to rattle. A stronger spring was then used and foam pads were placed in the battery compartment to prevent rattle. Your spring is the improved one and so you should also have the pads inside. AA batteries have size variation and it's possible the diameter of yours are on the small side.
It's more concerning that the settings are getting changed. Settings are saved in non-volatile memory and only when they are changed by the user, there is no provision for the micro to change them otherwise. Are you absolutely certain you have not accidentally entered the setup menu? The F-Pulse is designed to be set up to your preferences and then left alone. Once you have it set up, a quick press to turn it on and a press-hold for a 1/2 second to turn it off, plus quick-presses for retune are all the actions needed.

Thatā€™s what happens. Iā€™ll press that turn on button and I guess I have a tendency to press it to long and it goes into setup menu.

Being new to the pointer it happened more times than not. But, the more that I have worked with it Iā€™m learning to not press that button for more than a half second.

Another issue is Iā€™ll get a false signal. Iā€™ve had to turn pointer off and then back on. After that the false signal stops. Doesnā€™t happen often but it does happen. I guess the quick presses for retuning will help. But, again donā€™t want to slip into menus mode. Timing/holding of the button is essential. That just comes with working with it.

If I had to make any changes to this pointer I would have added a second button. One to handle on and off and the other for menu and tuning.

In all fairness this is a great pointer. It worth the money. A lot of this is user error but Iā€™m figuring it out. That just comes by working with it.

Great pinpointer.

OP
OP
goldhat

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid $119 for my F Pulse included shipping and no tax, anytime you order through amazon you are going to pay taxes and shipping, if you are a amazon prime member you pay no shipping but you still have to pay taxes on your purchase

Amazon isnā€™t what is was. They changed a few things. Return policies etc.

OP
OP
goldhat

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda off topic but my Amazon deliveries lately never get here in less than 2 days, three or more days lots of times. I have been using Amazon for years. Amazon prices are higher lots of times.

You said, "$20 wasnā€™t going to make or break me." Isn't it more like $30 this time?" I'd have to wait and save thirty for a day to two if it was me. Just sayin.

Just curious though. Did you actually get the F-Pulse delivered in a 24 hours? I just paid a $150 membership with Amazon this year, highest I ever paid. The shipping times have slipped a lot though.

Honesty, itā€™s becoming not worth it. On smaller purchases they say next day delivery but I think it has to be over $25 or $50. If it isnā€™t then youā€™re waiting. I seen this change from time to time as well. Delivery times vary.
Return policy has changed as well.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thatā€™s what happens. Iā€™ll press that turn on button and I guess I have a tendency to press it to long and it goes into setup menu.
Yep, a quick press to turn it on and quick presses to retune. You probably cannot press it too quickly for these 2 functions. For power-down, press-hold until you hear (or feel) the power-down alert, then immediately release.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread