The Fisher got wet and is dead - found a rosehead with the pinpointer!

Dougie Webb

Jun 14, 2019
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Garrett Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty bummed about my Fisher. Totally my stupidity. And my wife is not likely to let me shell out a few hundred bucks for the time being. ANYWAY, decided to head to the woods near me with just the pinpointer, to a place where I've found several old hand-forged pieces of hardware in the past.

Found a huge oak that was a couple hundred years old or more, where the side of the hill it's on had eroded significantly...giving me access to stuff that otherwise would have been easily two feet deep. Just walked up and immediately hit on the PP; within 5 minutes, I'd uncovered these two beauties. Pretty stoked. Gonna head over tomorrow with a pick maddox and tear into it some more.

Anyone in the Atlanta area have a good used detector for sale???

n1.jpg

n2.jpg

n3.jpg

Upvote 11
OP
OP
Dougie Webb

Dougie Webb

Jun 14, 2019
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Garrett Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to hand it to you DW.....going out with only a pinpointer, man that's gotta be a tough. But I gotta add, those two finds are a screw and a square nail....not an early one either. No roseheads there bud.....but keep lookin
Appreciate that - always would rather know the truth than what I want to hear!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to hand it to you DW.....going out with only a pinpointer, man that's gotta be a tough. But I gotta add, those two finds are a screw and a square nail....not an early one either. No roseheads there bud.....but keep lookin
Yea "Rose Heads" are down Savannah Way , but those nice Square Types like you found are "fairly' common again "Fairly " .

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I had an extra machine to spare , I do have the old but great fisher 1266-X but it's rigged with tape / no screen but worked last time I turned it on . It may get you through the addiction until u can get a new machine . ?

Research the 1266-X if you like.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty bummed about my Fisher. Totally my stupidity. And my wife is not likely to let me shell out a few hundred bucks for the time being. ANYWAY, decided to head to the woods near me with just the pinpointer, to a place where I've found several old hand-forged pieces of hardware in the past.

Found a huge oak that was a couple hundred years old or more, where the side of the hill it's on had eroded significantly...giving me access to stuff that otherwise would have been easily two feet deep. Just walked up and immediately hit on the PP; within 5 minutes, I'd uncovered these two beauties. Pretty stoked. Gonna head over tomorrow with a pick maddox and tear into it some more.

Anyone in the Atlanta area have a good used detector for sale???

View attachment 2067317

View attachment 2067318

View attachment 2067319
Nice!! Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions