Upvote 0

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This stuff is never going to end. Bury all those that think they can tell you what to do just because they are a servant of the public pushing their own agenda. Someone comes at me asking for ID I will not produce and I will defend myself.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are 150 year old tunnels now protected as well??Hmmmm,another case of protecting something to fit ones immediate need....funny,that they are liabilities and are closed off by the Gov....?I dont get it....or do I? Record $11M fine for illegal California gold mine - Environment - The Sacramento Bee

The WMA and Defend Rural America has told us to help others fighting. This story of trumped up charges by the regulators against a gravel mine operator is a relatively simple and
cheap project imo. Very little needs to be done to block access to those would shut the operation down, while getting media exposure on over-reaching b-crats.
Whaddya think?

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
well we only have ourselves to thank for not getting the word out and following up on it, and makeing sure our "friends" stay in the fight aswell!as it turns out, a lot of people say,"i didnt hear anything about it!"

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i guess they have all the money they need to get what they want ,regardless of American rights/laws/and whats the right thing to do! after us itll be the rest of what they want for themselves! theres only so far they can push people before all h*ll breaks out! and our gubermint lets this happen to repay them wacoenviromentalists for their support to get o into office 2 xs now. he dont give a r*ats azz about America,or the American people!! i guess its only a matter of time before they come to talk to me about my comments!FM as my ole pal Hoser says!

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same happen down in San Jose i think, Cement company
Hey Russau, your spot on, i expect it from the customers walking in, But i get that alot at the miners meeting even
bottom line folks if ya wanna pan or sluice for gold, you better step up to the plate defend dredging
something i do when i am out-and-about i keep a handfull of PLP membership forms in the truck along with some info, short read on something weather it be mercury or dredging, or even the latest JOG or Gravel Hog Posted Water Board study is good news for the Sierras levels of mercury in rivers | In El Dorado County
any good info for Miners/Farmers/Loggers/Truckers is/will never make it onto main stream, public and perception is easyly manipulated
be the Paul Revere,
I don't know how many times i have been in line at the hardware store, seeing someone getting CFLs
I point out, "you are aware that them ther light bulbs can poison your household" or "why would you put yourself at risk with those mercury vapor bombs"
most respond with a "why would they do that" California had a bill that would force all household to the mercury bulb it failed. Thankfully
but it is amazing how many people do not know, my latest contects realtors, rentals employees, Title companys
go out and spread the word Boys/ Gals
Dredging is a good thing Issy said so, if ya don't know Issy ya ani't payin tention

Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 things you can do right now - 1. add your comments to mine (Kuger's link) - sooo simple. 2. Start PMing the miner buddies
in Placerville area to discuss a plan. The gravel outfit has no near neighbors and only two rural roads access it (Big Cut rd. and Donovan rd.) - be very easy
to block. nuff said.

Hardesty (the owner) is no angel, but the b-rats are trying to make an example of him. False info stinks up their reports/investigations just like they used on us.

Last edited:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fullpan it's a good idea, one i would like to see happen at the State Cap, but will the media be there and will they tell it like it was told to them
for the whole story click on the link
The Sierra Club Exposed | EPA Abuse
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is mandated to manage the public lands for “multiple use.” The BLM Terminology & Actions document defines it this way: “‘multiple uses’ include recreation, range/grazing, timber, minerals/oil & gas, watershed, fish & wildlife, wilderness, and natural, scenic, scientific and historical values.” But, the “century-old” Antiquities Act gives President Obama the authority to designate national monument status even if there’s no actual monument erected. A national monument designation makes the locale off limits to development. President Obama has used this “emergency” designation nine times—six times in the past year.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What am I missing here? These operators have been skirting the law for over three years. Why is ANYONE surprised by what is happening to them? They are even mining on property they do not own. They never responded to lawful orders or court appearences. Why should any of us be defending them?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is also not a gravel plant. It is in area that yielded millions during the 19th century...the crumbs there are worth millions today if you can run a real mine wich these guys are trying to do.But, the pigheaded "I have the right to do this" attidude has got them where they are.It is on property they own so I also think it is lame that the county doesn't streamline a way for them to operate. The area is very rich and the reason El Dorado Irrigation Dist. has land there is because it was gonna be a resevoir.All the way from Texas Hill to Big cut was gonna be under water Incuding dozens of homes. The area is not remote or rural and the site specified is surronded by other homes.I have been following this entire case out of interest because I have found a lot of gold on the E.I.D land there.Do I think they have the right to mine YES do I think they shot themselves in the foot Yes. Do I think any form of GOV. is helping ..NO. Does PLP help out in situations dealing with private property? Hope their lawyer is good and sorry that it is another thing against modern prospectors.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The WMA and Defend Rural America has told us to help others fighting. This story of trumped up charges by the regulators against a gravel mine operator is a relatively simple and
cheap project imo. Very little needs to be done to block access to those would shut the operation down, while getting media exposure on over-reaching b-crats.
Whaddya think?

You are spot on about the way things should be. The operation is not that big. and ironically due east. on the same creek. There is a quarry. Snows Quarry back in the day Snows mine. The owners there went to court with lease operators because they weren't recovering the gold out of the pit before it ended up in peoples driveways and foundations. True story look it up in The Mountain Democrat archives. The current creek both mentioned mines are on is the same route as the anchint american river and some of the riches placer mines in The Motherlode region are on it. Sooooo Frustrating this situation we're in.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know the story behind this operation, or even if they are responsible for soiling thier pants
but i do know what it's like to deal with allegations, or trump-up charges, be it government or an individual’s accusations on a worksite having been a union member i have never seen so many act like they are entitled to something, accusations are all it takes to f-up your life, and of late, for most of us the Sierra fund, CBD Bs

Had it not been for a couple of individuals stepping up to the plate at the worksite and tellin it like it happen would have lost a job, had it not been for my tenacity to research the law library for my rights, whether it be building codes, landlord/tenant or employment rights the man with the gable would have favor the other entity, and did on some occasions. The most difficult people to deal with are government employees who think they are the master of taxpayers, just have tape record/camcorder on hand and watch their reactions, suddenly their confidence goes in the toilet.
This operation most likely has a fallback that is being ignored, you know like a grandfather clause besides Property/mining rights,
I would like to share more but the dogs need to run every morning and the Cargo trailer is getting pack for the move come Monday
So ya-all have a good day and that pan shine for-ya
I'll be off-line for a few days

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is also not a gravel plant. It is in area that yielded millions during the 19th century...the crumbs there are worth millions today if you can run a real mine wich these guys are trying to do.But, the pigheaded "I have the right to do this" attidude has got them where they are.It is on property they own so I also think it is lame that the county doesn't streamline a way for them to operate. The area is very rich and the reason El Dorado Irrigation Dist. has land there is because it was gonna be a resevoir.All the way from Texas Hill to Big cut was gonna be under water Incuding dozens of homes. The area is not remote or rural and the site specified is surronded by other homes.I have been following this entire case out of interest because I have found a lot of gold on the E.I.D land there.Do I think they have the right to mine YES do I think they shot themselves in the foot Yes. Do I think any form of GOV. is helping ..NO. Does PLP help out in situations dealing with private property? Hope their lawyer is good and sorry that it is another thing against modern prospectors.

Thanks for the input, Pville - you are closest to the area. From GE i see the nearest house is about a quarter mile north of the mine behind a knoll. Next closest is a 1/3 mile east off of cedar ravine rd. Sure would like to see pics of drainage outlets down to weber crk. and pics of polluted weber. There's a pic on Google E. of a guy diving into weber where water looks very clear just below the mine. From the little info i got, the one violation refered to in the news article was
for not properly securing a used oil container at a completely different site. As for possible collapse of old mine tunnel, think its the equivalent of enviros saying we dredgers disturb valueable cultural resources of the indians at the bottom of creeks/rivers. Hardesty is rich and bull-headed - decided to defy the regulators. He stepped out
of the line and said i will not cave in to the BS. That's my take on the story. Would like to hear more of your input - thanks.

P.S. I contacted the law office of Mr. Weaver, his attorney, to ask about possible pro bono help with our cases in So Cal. Got
a polite response saying they had their hands full with this thing.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ol'Hardesty will jus' keep on a diggn' and more power to him. Bureauratz violated the rule of law by NOT returning,answering his legal permit applications so he LEGALLY went about his LEGAL merry way. When bureauratz don't obey their own rules/regs it's always the courts utlized to harass and bankrupt the miners. Gonna get MUCH worse before better-John

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am truly laughing my arse off...11 MILLION FINE...That amount is as ABSURD as our JUSTICE SYSTEM!!! Truthfully I am sick of lawer's politicians presidents, congress the whole ball of wax!!They are a disgusting display HUMAN BIENINGS!!!!They are nothing more then a warped joke. I truly hope I live to see the day when these men are convicted for their CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY!!!!But since they make the laws and can pardon themselves and keep secrets well I guess I will continue working my ass off to see that they have everything they want while I eat ramens and struggle to survive...We do all the hardwork and they get all the vacations...

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
I don't believe anything in the media today as most won't report both sides as the Sacto. Bee has done. You would think these guys committed murder. Have they done things wrong? Don't know. Drive by Webber creek going to In and Out burger occasionally and don't see any effects of the creek form any of their mining. It may be down stream some from there mine, but always looks clear. Other mines aren't in this kind of trouble, or are they? $11 million? Is that how much they have found in value? Or are they trying to take their property away?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to google earth search Donovan Ranch Rd. Placerville, Ca. 935667. You will get the specified mine. Have a look around there is a signifigant wash plant and gravel stackers. looks like a pretty clean operation.A serious amount of eartmoving equipment. How much are they getting? Look at the previous year layers to see it grow. just the difference from 2005 to today is incredible. They have done a lot of work. They are working bench deposits that whole ridge from there east has been worked mostly drifting and some Hydraulic there are still areas that were not dug though and you can see the Rhyolite tuff layer they have expoesed. That layer goes for miles.If they are digging any virgin ground they could be taking in serious cash by the looks of it they have gained working capitol somehow. If you pan down your view to change the eye angle. You can see the terrace they are working. there is one gulch that drops from the mine to the creek, just south of the two smaller ponds. they would almost have dump water into that gully on purpose to get it into Weber. And why would they i'm not sure if they are pumping it uphill from the creek in the first place. Weber gets very low and water would scare a lot of the time hence the huge new holding pond.There is also an operating Quarry due east..On Quarry Rd.....Imagine that....Open for a very very long time..you can still hear the blasting in Placerville. They must have they're paperwork in order just like the many many other Aggregate plants that abound in this state and others that follow the rules and are all considered mines...and require a lot of permits. Good for them for conducting proper businesses, shame they dont get mentioned here more often.And a huge Karma John Wayne sock to the jaw to the guys out there who blow it by overstepping their bounds by so much it flows over to the others who are trying do do their due dilligence.That money will never get collected even when they sieze all they're equipment. The tax evazion case being built against them would take any financial reserves that exist. And if this guy ever intended to reclaim the area its just not gonna happen now. All around a mess of a situation.

Last edited:

oldbrundogg

Sep 22, 2012
Oroville
Detector(s) used
99.00 something or other from big 5
So for whatever this is worth.

I don't know much about all the mining rules, regs. and such but I just GE the address Pville put up. To my ignorant mind if you pull back just a little the whole operation looks like just another normal scratch in the earth. I know we as human beings understand that we impact the earth with everything we do,but really that little tiny tear in the earth looks like nothing compared to the small cities around it. How much do the cities affect the environment. Everything , everything comes down to RISK vs BENEFIT analysis. IMHO just another case of want my cake and eat it too, or sure just not in my backyard. I believe we should be as safe as we can be but I don't understand the shut everything down thought process.
Anyway thanks for letting me rant I feel better lol .
OBD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions