The Greatest Pain********

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think all have felt pain in there liver, that is physical pain, not mental anguish. List the greatest pain you have suffered.
I will start, but several come to mine. I think the worst was the kidney stone I got after eating liver for 3 consecutive meals. It was like a knife stuck in my back. My son rushed me to the emergency room of the hospital. They gave me a shot of morphine and plenty of water to drink. It took a couple of hours of cold sweat, but I finally passed it. Never ate liver again.
The herniated discs L4, L5 and L4 again have to rank right next to the stone. It felt like a red hot wire in my left leg from knee to ankle. I maxed out on the black&green capsels at 4 and the doc said that 5 would end my pain permanently so I bit the bullet and had the operation, That happened 3 times, the last being 23 years ago.
The other 2 events were of shorter duration, but death defying events. FOOD POISNING ! The first when I was in my teens. I stopped in a sub shop late, just before it closed and got a tunafish foot long sub. BAD MOVE ! The sub resurfaced about an hour later in 4 massive heaves and it was black. I layed on the floor for about 10 minutes before I literly crawed into bed. I felt like death warmed over. .......... The second food poising event was when I was working the desk at an art exhibit. The nice lady at the food table knew I liked deviled eggs so at the end of the show, she brought me the last 2 . I ate them, they were good"at the time". I got home about an hour or so later and went to bed. I could feel it bubbling and rushed to the bath room. Several heaves later I had to reverse position and blaster off on the toilet. I tried to make it to bed, but passed out on the floor. My son heard me drop and rushed in to help me up, but I told him to let me ly there for about 5 min. I finally got up and went to bed.

Hay, not bad for 75 years, guess I was luckey. Frank
Your up now.......................................

111-1 profileblk.jpg

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple of broken bones that hurt pretty bad, bronco horses and bad judgement caused those, been kicked by a horse or two, lost my temper at one of them, and kicked him back, tore the toe nail off my big toe inside of my boot, that hurt me worse than the horse. Hit my thumb with a hammer a time or two, picked up the hot end of metal when at the forge or welding. While exercising continuing bad judgement I've been popped on the snot locker, but that was back in my younger and dumber days. I've busted and cracked ribs, horses were involved in those also, and they really hurt, but in my dotage it's in my back, Doc says sciatica, I don't know, but if i could get rid of some of my gut that might help. Don't recollect doing anything to cause the back pain and the pain down my leg, but it's there, just showed up one day and kept getting worse. I drove a rubber tired Cat 950 with log forks for years, and the way the seat was built the bouncing pounded my sciatic nerve, not painful at the time, just long term damage. And of course there is the odd arthritis, getting old aint for sissies that's for sure. What you young whipper snappers need to know is the "golden years," simply means that's when all of your gold goes to the doctors.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Guess I have been luckey. 75 years without a broken bone. That knocking sound is me knocking on wood! Frank

111-1 profileblk.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
frankn,

One of my more painful experiences was a torn chest muscle while practicing kung fu.....every time I would breath it was like getting stabbed by an icepick.....luckily my master/sifu was adept at acupuncture and gave me 5 treatments for 5 days in a row and it cleared up....not a pleasant experience.

Regards + HH

Bill

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting pelvis crushed and while its snapping and popping trying to extricate self from equipment by pulling with arms to avoid being cut in two,then having a leg still caught and the muscles stripped from ankle to cheek while its breaking to crotch which gets dragged into harm. Thanks to modern medical professionals every thing works but what was cut off. Pain confirms we,re alive huh?

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rolled my truck 7 times back in 2002 messed my back up L2 L3 herniated L4 L5 difused still trying to make up my mind on surgery

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Falling off a ladder 12 feet bouncing off a2x6 handrail face down in the driveway,shattered last rib on left side broke L1 L2 L3 L4Thank God the body doesn't "feel" the pain after it's all over!!! Man did I suffer for a LONG time. GodBless Chris

Phanntom

Oct 21, 2012
Retired and traveling
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di Pro SL
Whites Goldmaster II vSat
Whites Prizim 6T
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I have a very high pain threshold, two occassions really tested it. First was when I was 18...got in a fight in the basement of the pharmacy I worked at...the other guy threw a glass of "concentrated" ammonia in my face. This wasn't the dilluted stuff you buy in the grocery store...this had to be stored in a glass bottle with a glass stopper as a metal cap would rot away. It caught me full force in the face, more notably, the eyes. The second degree burns of the eyes were painful to say the least, but couldn't begin to hold a candle to the pain of the flushing instrument they used to go behind my eyeballs to flush out the ammonia...I couldn't be anesthtitzed because of the burns. Had they put anything in my mouth to bite on....I'd have crushed all my teeth. While I came out of it with no permanent damage to my vision...the pain is as vivid today...50 yrs later as it was then.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
After reading the above, I am starting to realize that someone up there is looking out for me. I had the ladder on the fascia of the house (BAD MOVE). 10' up. When I reached the top, the feet of the ladder sunk in and the ladder slipped down pushing me off backwards. My ankle got caught momentarily and I landed flat on a stone wall. Got a skinned ankle out of it. I am beginning to think I am part cat. Frank

111-1 profileblk.jpg

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
While I have a very high pain threshold, two occassions really tested it. First was when I was 18...got in a fight in the basement of the pharmacy I worked at...the other guy threw a glass of "concentrated" ammonia in my face. This wasn't the dilluted stuff you buy in the grocery store...this had to be stored in a glass bottle with a glass stopper as a metal cap would rot away. It caught me full force in the face, more notably, the eyes. The second degree burns of the eyes were painful to say the least, but couldn't begin to hold a candle to the pain of the flushing instrument they used to go behind my eyeballs to flush out the ammonia...I couldn't be anesthtitzed because of the burns. Had they put anything in my mouth to bite on....I'd have crushed all my teeth. While I came out of it with no permanent damage to my vision...the pain is as vivid today...50 yrs later as it was then.

You vividly recall you had pain,but,you don't "feel" that pain,lest I don't.Just saying.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
After reading the above, I am starting to realize that someone up there is looking out for me. I had the ladder on the fascia of the house (BAD MOVE). 10' up. When I reached the top, the feet of the ladder sunk in and the ladder slipped down pushing me off backwards. My ankle got caught momentarily and I landed flat on a stone wall. Got a skinned ankle out of it. I am beginning to think I am part cat. Frank

View attachment 742750

Or Blessed!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well the time I jumped the Snake river canyon on a jet powered motorcycle and broke every bone in my body was tough, No wait that was evil knievel. nevermind

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Gordon this is about physical pan. A "pain in the neck" doesn't qualify. Frank 111-1 profileRED.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread