The Heart of the Sea

SCUBACAPECOD

Feb 17, 2023
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One of the members asked for a memorable dive/find from my past and I thought I would share!
One memorable dive from the past was when I was exploring an area off the southern coast of Mass. The area had once been a long spit of sand extending 200+ yards out to sea but now only a clay mound is left due to a hurricane that hit the area several years prior.
In the course of several days of diving we found handfuls of rings and hundreds of coins but the one item that was most memorable for me was this one I call "La Coeur de la Mer", "The Heart of the Sea". The dive was coming to an end as the sun was setting and the last item was deep in the clay. Working in a thick cloud of gray clay I could tell I had found a ring and as I lifted it out of the cloud the sparkle of a diamond caught the setting sunlight! I sat on the bottom for several more minutes watching the sunset and thought of the love found, lost and found again! Over the years I've thought of resetting the stones as the setting is worn from the sea but Just cannot, I keep it to remind me of that day and the underwater sunset!

Attachments

• DSC_0482.JPG
    DSC_0482.JPG
    666.3 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 10

river roamer

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2022
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II Excalibur 1000 Equinox 900
Primary Interest: