THe HIdden Filly clue

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never heard of the hidden filly clue so I am looking forward to hearing more about it, and welcome to the forum by the way. The only horse object I've found is this. I hope it is of some help.

Attachments

• 69782942_10215089523612199_7153244988988456960_n.jpg
    69782942_10215089523612199_7153244988988456960_n.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
R

rk85044

Aug 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never heard of the hidden filly clue so I am looking forward to hearing more about it, and welcome to the forum by the way. The only horse object I've found is this. I hope it is of some help.
I was hoping THE OG hunters here could fill in...like Matthews...Davis....but I guess they don't know either
Somewhere in the vastness of this site someone mentioned about he hidden filly....but who or where or when escapes me...

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone shed any light on the hidden filly clue? This is all I know...is it connected to the rock horse????
I guess you are referring to the horse landmark close to the LDM. There are two maps which show this landmark, one is the horse stone map ( aka Peralta stone map ), and the other is the ORO map which was in the possession of Robert Simpson ( aka Crazy Jake ).
This is the ORO map with the Mayor Caballo. Enjoy

Attachments

• Oro-Map.jpg
    Oro-Map.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 96

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I see a giant with a pointy head with his left shoulder leaning against the rock cliff.

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I see a giant with a pointy head with his left shoulder leaning against the rock cliff.
Could be, lol. All I know is some of the stories/clues mention a horse head or a mare with one ear laid back as a major component. It's also been mentioned that someone found a pile of lumber that Waltz had hidden right near here but I think that was on another forum. That is a difficult post to source these days, as it was in a forum that was taken down and then restored but a lot was lost.

In any case, if you ever find yourself in Peters Canyon you'll defo see your pointy head. In any case here is a little backstory better written than I can do by the indefatigable Tom Kollenborn.

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Can anyone shed any light on the hidden filly clue? This is all I know...is it connected to the rock horse????
One other thing is the horse, much like the hearts and also the faces that seem to be all over the Supes is that nobody knows WHICH one actually is a fit or a solve to the various clues. Horses figure prominently throughout the legend and have been incorporated into modern day fabrications such as the Peralta stones as well as older verbal clues passed down from the very first generation of hunters that had access to Brownie Holmes and others such as Petrach et al. So it's nigh on impossible to know which horse head or which face or man standing in the rock even makes sense.

I hope I am not taking this thread over and I hope more join. I am recovering from a terrible accident three weeks ago now where I broke my left leg in three places and have a lot more time on my hands than usual.

I am hoping that keeping my mind active will keep my leg healing. So I'm contributing a bit more than normal.

I did take the time to find the post where Walt Gassler claimed Tex Barkely found a pile of cut logs at the head of Peter's Canyon that he (Barkely) attributed to Jacob Waltz cutting and laying by to use for hiding the mine opening. I will post that below but can't post a link due to the forum rules. I will also include yet another horse image that I have found although it isn't as clear as I'd like I will post a cropped image of the "baby horse'. Maybe that will help too.

Peter» Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:52 pm

The "cut-tree stumps" question is an interesting one. Once again there are several areas that might be candidates for the legend. The modern day Horse Country, Needle Canyon, Tortilla Country,Peters Mesa, Fish Creek, all sport groves of "cut stumps". Walt Gassler claimed that Tex Barkely found a pile of cut logs near the head of Peters Canyon, and surmised this was the pile that Waltz used to cover his mine shaft. Candidates for the type of tree are also varied..mesquite? laurel? Who knows. "

And here a cropped image of a baby horse head along with a somewhat clear word incised on the rock face, "Tina" or spanish for 'TUB". There are even clues that Waltz mentioned a tub or tubs, so what is real and what isn't?

The thing is, out there paradeolia is everywhere and you start seeing things in the shadows that may or may not exist. In any case I wish you the best in your search and hope my years of searching can help you or someone else. I've personally always thought the combination of that horse head looking over its shoulder combined with the spanish crossed Tina word to be vastly compelling.

Attachments

• annotated.jpeg
    annotated.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
R

rk85044

Aug 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other thing is the horse, much like the hearts and also the faces that seem to be all over the Supes is that nobody knows WHICH one actually is a fit or a solve to the various clues. Horses figure prominently throughout the legend and have been incorporated into modern day fabrications such as the Peralta stones as well as older verbal clues passed down from the very first generation of hunters that had access to Brownie Holmes and others such as Petrach et al. So it's nigh on impossible to know which horse head or which face or man standing in the rock even makes sense.

I hope I am not taking this thread over and I hope more join. I am recovering from a terrible accident three weeks ago now where I broke my left leg in three places and have a lot more time on my hands than usual.

I am hoping that keeping my mind active will keep my leg healing. So I'm contributing a bit more than normal.

I did take the time to find the post where Walt Gassler claimed Tex Barkely found a pile of cut logs at the head of Peter's Canyon that he (Barkely) attributed to Jacob Waltz cutting and laying by to use for hiding the mine opening. I will post that below but can't post a link due to the forum rules. I will also include yet another horse image that I have found although it isn't as clear as I'd like I will post a cropped image of the "baby horse'. Maybe that will help too.

Peter» Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:52 pm

The "cut-tree stumps" question is an interesting one. Once again there are several areas that might be candidates for the legend. The modern day Horse Country, Needle Canyon, Tortilla Country,Peters Mesa, Fish Creek, all sport groves of "cut stumps". Walt Gassler claimed that Tex Barkely found a pile of cut logs near the head of Peters Canyon, and surmised this was the pile that Waltz used to cover his mine shaft. Candidates for the type of tree are also varied..mesquite? laurel? Who knows. "

And here a cropped image of a baby horse head along with a somewhat clear word incised on the rock face, "Tina" or spanish for 'TUB". There are even clues that Waltz mentioned a tub or tubs, so what is real and what isn't?

The thing is, out there paradeolia is everywhere and you start seeing things in the shadows that may or may not exist. In any case I wish you the best in your search and hope my years of searching can help you or someone else. I've personally always thought the combination of that horse head looking over its shoulder combined with the spanish crossed Tina word to be vastly compelling.

OP
OP
R

rk85044

Aug 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turns out Mexican miners saw within the rock horse formation…another horse… they called the hidden filly
Cause she was hiding…..

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The horse ( filly if you like ) landmark it's well hidden. Nobody can see it if don't know where it is. Many treasure hunters " experts " walked close by, but none was able to see it. She is hiding from strangers, waiting for her owner, metaphorically.

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The horse ( filly if you like ) landmark it's well hidden. Nobody can see it if don't know where it is. Many treasure hunters " experts " walked close by, but none was able to see it. She is hiding from strangers, waiting for her owner, metaphorically.

I'll bite. The hidden horse or filly whatever you wish to call it is likely a shadow feature. Could it really be more cryptic? Lol. In any case not only do we have a hidden filly now we also have mentioned in the various "clues" of an erect horse "member".

I agree with you that nobody can see it if they don't know where to look so it seems like a terrible clue unless you've already found all the other clues? :BangHead:

In any case we already know that if there is a Cougar shadow feature in the Supes then maybe there is a horse or filly shadow feature. I'll post both here just to keep the discussion going and please do keep going guys. I am still laying around with a broken leg. This keeps me interested. :)

Note the cougar shadow image is from the Superstiton Mountain group of Facebook but I've no idea who took it. I'll find and post credit though.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-08-09 16-36-48.png
    Screenshot from 2022-08-09 16-36-48.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 53
  • download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
R

rk85044

Aug 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bite. The hidden horse or filly whatever you wish to call it is likely a shadow feature. Could it really be more cryptic? Lol. In any case not only do we have a hidden filly now we also have mentioned in the various "clues" of an erect horse "member".

I agree with you that nobody can see it if they don't know where to look so it seems like a terrible clue unless you've already found all the other clues? :BangHead:

In any case we already know that if there is a Cougar shadow feature in the Supes then maybe there is a horse or filly shadow feature. I'll post both here just to keep the discussion going and please do keep going guys. I am still laying around with a broken leg. This keeps me interested. :)

Note the cougar shadow image is from the Superstiton Mountain group of Facebook but I've no idea who took it. I'll find and post credit though.
Sorry guys
The hidden filly lies Inside the rock horse formation…..both plain as day to see…if you know where to look… just like the old clue sez…nothing metaphysical..just real rock

OP
OP
R

rk85044

Aug 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys
The hidden filly lies Inside the rock horse formation…..both plain as day to see…if you know where to look… just like the old clue sez…nothing metaphysical..just real rock
Also the Mexican miners said the hidden filly was hiding from the horse
Hence….the hidden filly…

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also the Mexican miners said the hidden filly was hiding from the horse
Hence….the hidden filly…
rk, you mentioned the filly is hiding from the horse in the horse rocks formation. Logicaly this prompt only to one solution: The shadows of the horse rocks formation at different day times and the different angle looking at the horse, gives a different image of the horse rocks formation, making him looking smaller with its head up and the mouth open, like it's galloping. So, in the same landmark we have a horse grazing and a filly galloping.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

IMHO, the horse and filly are not shadows at all, like the cugar shadow. The horse could be seen in a cloudy day, but the filly needs some sunlight.
PS
The " erected horse member " it's an Apache clue for the Weaver's Needle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rk85044

Aug 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rk, you mentioned the filly is hiding from the horse in the horse rocks formation. Logicaly this prompt only to one solution: The shadows of the horse rocks formation at different day times and the different angle looking at the horse, gives a different image of the horse rocks formation, making him looking smaller with its head up and the mouth open, like it's galloping. So, in the same landmark we have a horse grazing and a filly galloping.
Hi marius
Not this time …from I found the hidden filly is part of the same formation as the rock horse but has no need for shadow or time of day…once you see her… you see her every time…. The rock horse does need some shadowing but like the clew sez….to make him rampant

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi marius
Not this time …from I found the hidden filly is part of the same formation as the rock horse but has no need for shadow or time of day…once you see her… you see her every time…. The rock horse does need some shadowing but like the clew sez….to make him rampant
Ok. Actually the horse rocks formation show a whole horse image, including its tail ( like you can see depicted on the horse stone map ). In the rampant image someone can see only the head. So, if could be seen only the head, this means the body is hidden, so the rampant is the filly if we should take your story like you have told it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread